Lt. Commander
Hey there, friends!

Just thought I'd stop in to discuss the potential for future playable species within the Romulan Republic
faction coming to us, May 21st 2013. Most of us would already know that we'll be able to play as Remans
and Romulans, but what else? It looks like a rather short list for a fully fledged faction. So feel free to give me
your ideas and reasons for potential playable species we'll see in the coming days of release or afterwards.
I'll list the most viable ones below as them come in, so we can get some measure of order going on here.

So lets start this list:
  • Romulan - CONFIRMED
  • Reman - CONFIRMED
  • Joined Trill - Both the KDF and FED were given this payment option.
  • Liberated Borg - Both the KDF and FED were given this payment option.
  • Hirogen - Known allies of Romulans in exchange for hunting grounds within it's space.
  • Benzite - Benzar was under Romulan 'protection' in the dominion war, some may still be thankful.
  • Vulcan - Have worked to unify their cousins, the Romulan people, with their own.
  • Klingon - There was a colony of Klingons peaceful with Romulan control on Carraya IV.
  • Corvallen - Their location is near Romulan holdings and sometimes are hired by them.
  • Yridian - They have a 'Romulan' mindset and have worked in the RSE's territories.
  • Ktarian - Aesthetically fitting with the Romulans and hold dissidents in their ranks.

Last edited by daroska; 03-23-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2013, 12:14 PM
What other species are affiliated with the romulan star empire in traditional Star Trek lore?

I was thinking about checking their subject worlds to see if any species other than romulans
live there, I mean, surely such subjects would rise up in conjuction to build a new republic?
Would be helpful for others to participate in this research, no? help explore possibilities? hm?
Captain
# 3
03-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Granted it's a bit of a stretch, but an Aenar slave population that was "liberated" (like the Remans) wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.
Career Officer
# 4
03-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Granted it's a bit of a stretch, but an Aenar slave population that was "liberated" (like the Remans) wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.
UMM...what?
The Aenar were not slaves, they were isolationists.
Did you actually watch the Enterprise episodes were they appeared?
Career Officer
# 5
03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
So lets start this list:

I'm almost certain Cryptic will have in Joined Trill and Liberated Borg Romulans be playable.

Heres another for the list. A Romulan Cat. Feds have Caitains, Klingons have Ferasans, so what kind of cat do Romulans get?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2013, 12:22 PM
You are playing as a member of the Romulan REPUBLIC not EMPIRE so there are no other races but Romulans and Remans involved.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound

Last edited by thomas12255; 03-21-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
03-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I'm almost certain Cryptic will have in Joined Trill and Liberated Borg Romulans be playable.

Heres another for the list. A Romulan Cat. Feds have Caitains, Klingons have Ferasans, so what kind of cat do Romulans get?
That should be obvious:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/34104049.jpg
Captain
# 8
03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
UMM...what?
The Aenar were not slaves, they were isolationists.
Did you actually watch the Enterprise episodes were they appeared?
I guess you missed the parts where the Romulans used Aenar captives to remotely pilot their drone warships. Being forced into service by another power pretty squarely fits the definition of slave, no?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
You are playing as a member of the Romulan REPUBLIC not EMPIRE so there is no other races but Romulans and Remans involved.
We do not know that, nor is that confirmed. We do know that the Romulan Star Empire consists of many subject species that are not reman nor romulan, as depicted in original Star Trek lore.

The subject is to discuss the possibility of these (or other) new species being included or aligned with the romulan republic (excuse the slight of hand in the original post, I actually meant to put 'romulan republic' instead of 'romulan empire').

These would be hypothetically be playable within the under populated (as of right now in playable species selection) romulan republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
The ferasans are technically augmented caitians, are they not? why not an offshoot of this genetic experimentation? a prototype, as it were? or does that seem too strange?

Last edited by daroska; 03-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Captain
# 10
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
I.. don't really know if the Hirogen will be eligible, which is kind of sad on a personal note. They have an agreement with the Tal Shiar and Sela and have demonstrated open aggression towards the New Romulus colony. It hasn't really been disclosed where this player faction fits in the Romulan power struggle yet.