Rihannsu
# 31
03-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Gary Mitchell? Trelane? Metrons? Organians? Gorgan? Charlie?

See? Lots
Bet I've forgotten a few.

However if you mean the closest to Q's powers and personality, that'd be Trelane.
But Trelane was merely the child of some parents. And he had to be told to place nice with his new toys or come back inside the house/continuum/wherever.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Hmm. It'd be interesting to see a return of the Edosians from the animated series.
Not to mention the Xindi who we haven't see much of, except from the DOFF cards.
Only others I can think of is the solanagen-based entities and the lovely swarm aliens.
Oh, oops! Almost forgot those interesting little reptilian sapiens, enemies of the Anticans, the Selay.

Last edited by daroska; 03-27-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Career Officer
# 33
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
But Trelane was merely the child of some parents. And he had to be told to place nice with his new toys or come back inside the house/continuum/wherever.
Isn't there a book that says that Trelane is a Q, and that whole sequence was just him screwing with Kirk and co again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
03-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Isn't there a book that says that Trelane is a Q, and that whole sequence was just him screwing with Kirk and co again?
Probably is, but Q is one of the things that gets way overdone in the books. Almost every even vaguely godlike or just noncorporeal being from the shows got linked to the Q somehow in some book or another.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Rihannsu
# 36
03-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
It was easy to miss, but back when the Ferasans were introduced there were some of people asking "Why not Kzinti?" and a few of the devs posted on the boards and admitted that they wanted to intro the Kzinti but copyright, IP, and (IIRC) CBS issues had pretty much permanently torpedoed any hope of the Kzinti getting into STO so they made the Ferasans instead.

In those posts it was pretty heavily implied if not outright stated that the Ferasans were Kzinti by a different name.
Actually, IIRC the issue wasn't with getting CBS approval but with getting Larry Niven's approval. The previous video game to use the Kzinti botched it badly.

I'd love to see the FGC-47 lifeforms. They were an interesting race.

@Lizwei: you forgot the Cheron. :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 37
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Actually, IIRC the issue wasn't with getting CBS approval but with getting Larry Niven's approval. The previous video game to use the Kzinti botched it badly.

I'd love to see the FGC-47 lifeforms. They were an interesting race.
Never was terribly fond of them.
How bigotted do you have to be to meet a few members of a species, be irritated by their behaviour and then decide they must all die?
Funny how Star Trek is always about letting go of our prejudices, but the aliens? Nah they can have theirs.

Can you imagine if they came across a Klingon ship? One honour fight in the mess hall later and they'd all turn up dead.

Quote:
@Lizwei: you forgot the Cheron. :p
Yeah and Apollo, those dudes with the old west town, the ones who made Lincoln.. I'm surprised the Federation maps of the time didn't just say "HERE BE GODS" on all the unexplored parts and be done with it.
Rihannsu
# 38
03-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Never was terribly fond of them.
How bigotted do you have to be to meet a few members of a species, be irritated by their behaviour and then decide they must all die?
Funny how Star Trek is always about letting go of our prejudices, but the aliens? Nah they can have theirs.

Can you imagine if they came across a Klingon ship? One honour fight in the mess hall later and they'd all turn up dead.

Yeah and Apollo, those dudes with the old west town, the ones who made Lincoln.. I'm surprised the Federation maps of the time didn't just say "HERE BE GODS" on all the unexplored parts and be done with it.
Well, in Isabella's defense.... She didn't know what a child was or why children are treated differently.... I suspect that her race hasn't had contact with other species often. They barely even know what humanoids are, so...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 39
03-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well, in Isabella's defense.... She didn't know what a child was or why children are treated differently.... I suspect that her race hasn't had contact with other species often. They barely even know what humanoids are, so...
Yeah that's what I mean, she percieved a few of another species as being hostile towards each other and therefore wanted to summarily execute all of them.

That's my point about Klingons, they're rude and obnoxious to each other pretty much all the time and likely wouldn't apologise for it and Isabella probably wouldn't understand that they're just doing it to assert their place in their hierarchy.
Then again Klingons probably wouldn't go poking around every strange shiny place they come across.
Captain
# 40
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
I still want this race ...

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/M%27yra

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-27-2013 at 12:45 PM.