Survivor of Romulus
# 41
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Why no love for the Xindi? The Aquatics would be a pain so might have to be left out, along with the Avians (extinct anyway) - but the primates, arboreal - and specifically Insectoid and Reptillians would be awesome! I want an Insectoid!
Career Officer
# 42
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
FED: Aquans, Selays, Aurelians,

KDF: Skorr, Antedans, Anticans,

ROM: Cheronians, Phylosians, Xyrillians,
Rihannsu
# 43
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
The Ztenkethi. They are powerful enough to fight the feds yet we know nothing about them. Gold can be mined from that.

lots of races in ENT from the sphere builders, suliban, na'kuhl, the xinid, quite a few from season 1 that never got names.

the mirradorns were suggested to be fairly powerful.

the sheliak as well.

The whole of the Delta quadrant.
vaadwaur
the krennim
the little aliens from equinox

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 44
03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yes, please!
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Why no love for the Xindi? The Aquatics would be a pain so might have to be left out, along with the Avians (extinct anyway) - but the primates, arboreal - and specifically Insectoid and Reptillians would be awesome! I want an Insectoid!
There is an untapped plot here for the Xindi: Mirror universe Avians did not go extinct.

With STO the possibilities are endless!
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM
There was a strong indication the Avians weren't extinct in Enterprise. The world the council was located on was an abandoned off-world Avian settlement. At least some of them escaped or were saved from their world's destruction, though it appears that group didn't escape for long, but it may not have been the only one. The plot line was hinted at but then dropped.

Depending on when exactly the Preservers stopped their activity (they were active relocating dying cultures from Earth into the last pre-industrial age, so we're not talking about a huge stretch of time here), it could have been their doing.
Captain
# 47
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Xindi would be interesting. I'd love to play as the Insectoids.

Talarians would be a nice addition somewhere. Perhaps not as a playable race, because they're still an independent civilization. Perhaps allies of the Klingons, with obtainable boffs for KDF?

Federation have too many playable species as it is, imo. If there are new playable species put in, they should be applicable for either KDF or Romulan faction.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm down for Xindi. I doubt the Insectoids and Aquatics would be feasible as anything other than NPC races, but the rest would be cake by comparison. Mostly I'd just love to see the Aquatic ships. There's another carrier option right there, preferably faction-agnostic. Bonus points for a unique destruction animation taking into account their liquid atmospheres.

Sphere Builders could be a fun one-off enemy in a featured episode or something. Maybe a Fleet Action involving a leftover or rebuilt Sphere that players are tasked with destroying or capturing. On the ground, their ability to pass through walls could be interesting, if there's tech to make that work.

It would be cool if STO could be the canvas for 25th century adaptions of all those stories Enterprise didn't have the chance to tell. Especially if you forget the finale happened. Ugh.

Others... mentioned earlier, but I'll second the Sheliak, Antedeans (especially if they wobble when they talk!), Anticans (probably for the KDF,) Selay (probably for the FEDs, or give both to the Romulans,) Denobulans (with the unique "optimism!" and "blowfish" emotes!) There are plenty of others but I'll be here all day if I try to remember them all.

From other Star Trek games past (yes, I know this is a licensing minefield) how about the Chodak? They could be an interesting wrench to throw in the works of the new Romulan content. Though perhaps all that Unity stuff should be left alone. It always felt like the kind of impossibly powerful MacGuffin common to so many bad Star Wars EU novels.
---
Relax.
Captain
# 49
03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsaberedux View Post
It would be cool if STO could be the canvas for 25th century adaptions of all those stories Enterprise didn't have the chance to tell. Especially if you forget the finale happened. Ugh.
The finale? You mean "Terra Prime"? That was the last episode, after all.

No, there weren't any more episodes. NO, THERE WEREN'T! I'M NOT LISTENING!!!! LALALALALALALALALAAAAAA......
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 50
03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Everything from the Animated Series.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.