Lt. Commander
# 91
01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quis
........., now when I click engage it maximizes goes white then goes to a minimized black client screen that does not respond to anything.
This is what is happening to me....launcher updated, i can see the news, then when i click Engage, screen goes full-screen black like the game is starting, then minimizes to a small black window and the windows "waiting" icon (blue circle), just spins and spins....no error, no message, nada.

Using Windows 7 x64bit.

Don't have any Nvidia stuff...using ATI vid card.
Dont have Widecap program---no proxy programs....made sure the game and launcher are Oked in Windows Firewall. Checked the boxes to make sure game runs with admin priveleges...just to be on the safe side.

Totally at a loss here.............
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Version mismatch.

I try to log in after crash no. 37625 and each time i get the message "version mismatch". A friend told me that my char is still online.

Any idea how to fix this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Ok had the exact same problem.. While I was reading this thread I disabled all programs starting with 'n'.. Clicked the Star Trek Online short cut again while the task manager was open and until now it worked for me.. Trying to enter the game now..
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-18-2010, 07:49 AM
coderanger any help mate ?
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
You are getting an error from inside the MSHTML DLL. Something is either hooked into your IE incorrectly, or something is wrong with your IE install.
Something? Any idea as to what that something might be or should I just start randomly removing programs? Sorry but I am not a code guru nor a major computer geek here so while I thank you for this information CR it helps me very little in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 96 Launcher Error
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
What error are you getting? Can you explain exactly what steps you are taking to try and get the game to launch? To help, we need a good overview of what you are doing, and not a vague description.
I am having the same error as the other guy mentioned. I installed the game and when I try to access it I can't get it to do anything but the box that says please stand by. I uninstalled and reinstalled it twice with the same result. My results from the test we were suppose to use says that ports 80 and 443 are active and ports 7255, 7003, 7002, and 7499 have timed out. I had my windows firewall off and I turned off my Defender Pro as well. Any suggestions?

I'm not a hard core trekie that has been monitoring this site daily, but I have been interested in it since I heard it was coming out last year. I have bought the full version through gamespot and have downloaded the game to get a head start on a 4 day weekend I got blessed by the army to have. It is a real disappointment to have had four days and not even seen the log in screen to this game. I am almost ready to see if gamespot will let me cancel my order for this game and transfer it to Modern Warfare 2.

If you can get me on board I'd be greatful...I'd like to "Boldly Go Where Other Trekie Gamers Have Gone"
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworld911 View Post
I have bought the full version through gamespot and have downloaded the game to get a head start on a 4 day weekend I got blessed by the army to have. It is a real disappointment to have had four days and not even seen the log in screen to this game. I am almost ready to see if gamespot will let me cancel my order for this game and transfer it to Modern Warfare 2.
First off you are a Lucky Baztard to get 4 days off being in the Army lol. You have my respect soldier. I am a soon to be retired 11B/25U.

Secondly unless you are buying MW2 for the PS3 or 360 don't waste your money. I know from friends that the PC version sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Ok had the exact same problem.. While I was reading this thread I disabled all programs starting with 'n'.. Clicked the Star Trek Online short cut again while the task manager was open and until now it worked for me.. Trying to enter the game now..
I did the same thing that stricky345 did and it has now updated, I clicked on Engage and it is currently loading... Fingers crossed. Well, that seemed to work, I'm in to the game...
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-20-2010, 05:58 AM
I got in right away after I reformatted and reinstalled my OS. I used the same download to install the game from previously and I avoided installing IE8. Don't know why, but I played without crashes, just severe lag issues on ground combat but I think that's due to my PC specs.
Lt. Commander
# 100
02-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsingerOOS
This is what is happening to me....launcher updated, i can see the news, then when i click Engage, screen goes full-screen black like the game is starting, then minimizes to a small black window and the windows "waiting" icon (blue circle), just spins and spins....no error, no message, nada.

Using Windows 7 x64bit.

Don't have any Nvidia stuff...using ATI vid card.
Dont have Widecap program---no proxy programs....made sure the game and launcher are Oked in Windows Firewall. Checked the boxes to make sure game runs with admin priveleges...just to be on the safe side.

Totally at a loss here.............
Almost the same exact thing happens to me. I load the launcher, patch up, click engage and then I get the black full screen Cryptic Loading screen. The load bar goes half way and then it all closes to leave me with a Cryptic OOPs window.

All of this started after I patched today, game ran fine up till server down last night at 3am.

ETID: 9876681

Anyone have any idea whats going on here?
Closed Thread