Lt. Commander
# 101
02-24-2010, 04:52 AM
for some of you, your problem my be related to proxy. check your internet settings. if you check your LAN settings, you might notice a box for a proxy server is checked. that will prevent your launcher from doing anything. it was my problem and sadly, i discovered it on my own, the devs here being little help. now i have a new problem. i skip playing the game for one day and now im getting a "Unable to authenticate" message at the launcher when i try to sign in.

for a second i had it working, then the screen went white...but i could still tell were the ad banner was...so i started over, got the same message then started over and now....its patching....hopefully this will work.

whaddya know...after the patch its working again.....so this time its all good.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Okay, lets try a new direction. http://files.champions-online.com/Sh...herWindows.exe

Download and run that little program and see if it fixes the problem. It should check for any window with "Star Trek Online" in the title and forcibly show it and move it to position (0,0).
This fixed my problem. Thx a lot!
But this is not a permanent solution. How can i fix this problem permanently? Or is it a bug in the launcher itself?
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-26-2011, 02:45 PM
they have not been able to isolate the problem. for some reason the launcher get into some virtual desktop off the main screen loacation
Lt. Commander
# 104 Problem solved!!!!!!!!
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I havent been playing for 4 days ive finally able to launch the patch by disabling the anti-viruse then running the patch then turning back on my anti virus program. it is working now hope this helps someone else also. BTW i am running windows 7 64-bit and I am running AVG anti-virus. Cya in space and look me up
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
I have this problem. I have tried reinstalling, the proxy server thing, updated drivers, turn off antivirus, but nothing seem to work. one day i log in and the game is really laggy, and then the next day i can't even log in cause the launcher keeps crashing, i haven't been able to play for a couple weeks. As far as i know nothing has changed on my end, no new software or downloads that could cause this, just seems to have happened. i'm starting to think they changed something my computer doesn't agree with
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM
check your firewall settings, there's probably a thread around here that says what ports to open.
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-08-2011, 01:16 AM
i tried to start today and all i get is a white window with loading please wait for 5 hrs and counting

it was working fine last night
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-09-2011, 01:20 AM
fix your internet explore is probably set to work offline change that a you'll be fine
Lt. Commander
# 109 i had the same problem
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I basically had the same problem as you guys, took me forever and a million reboots and dowloads, and what i did to fix the problem was go to my computer protection and reset my firewall to default hope this works for you
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I had to go to the launcher Options and check SHOW ALL GAMES in order to force the selection between Holodeck, Tribble, and Redshirt. Have had no problems since. I believe the launcher to be buggy as in normal mode none of the server selections were clickable for me. I hope this helps some folks also.

Koa
Closed Thread