Lt. Commander
# 41 Muaha
01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, I think I may have found a breakthrough in fixing this... For people with this problem, go to your Start menu, type in Regedit, and press enter. From there, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / and search for Cryptic... If you're like me, as I'm having the same problem, there is no Cryptic folder logged in the registrys. I'm going to try copying the registries from my laptop, where it works, to this desktop and see if anything happens.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxx View Post
I was able to get it working after removing some older programs off my system and the going to an older chipset and updating back to the newest ones. What fixed it, not sure, but was probably something with the chipset drivers that was causing my issue.
probably the chipset drivers related to your network card that is built on the board. that's my guess.
(as i reinstalled my entire computer with an older set of drivers that came with the computer)

removing older programers won't matter.

because i did a 'safe mode' with networking start up and it didn't launch either.
(in safe mode- it doesn't load older programs it loads only the drivers necessary for booting up)
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronpt View Post
I redownloaded another client.. just a stupid question..

Instalation space = 1.4GB ? Is this correct ?

Going to answer myself.

I was able to download a game client during the night from the exe thingy STO has on their side.

Instalation space this time is bigger. Let's see if this one works, now. ^^

EDIT:
Nope.. new client.. Old probems.

Either only loads a ghost proccess.. or.. crashed with OLE errors...
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-14-2010, 01:11 AM
since the last 140ish mb update i get same problem.

On Atari loading screen it crash. Giving me tickets ID: 6734252 (Unique Error ID: 6719096)
The game was running nicely before.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Well.. it seems that they are trying to fix something.. problem is.. they forgot that the ones that have the same problem as I do.. can't even download the 140ish mb patch you mentioned...
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-14-2010, 04:34 AM
I have the same issue, and I've tried every suggested solution.

Tried disabling everything 'Nvidia'.

Tried disabling EVERYTHING not absolutely neccasary to run my system (barebones win7 64).

Tried running in compatability modes.

Tried checking the registry for the Cryptic folder (present, with four entries under Cryptic/Stsr Trek Online)

Tried ensuring all files in the STO folder are marked not read-only.

Tried reinstalling.

Tried re-downloading and re-installing (from a different source).

Tried changing the install directory from Users/Public, Program Files(x86) and Program Files.

Still getting the same nonesense. Nothing hapens at all when I tried to load the program. I used to get the OLE messages, but even those are a rarity now - I can't even get those to crop up. All that happens is the first time I try to boot the process chomps half my CPU, and if I load again the second process chomps the other half, and my PC slows to a crawl until I end process.

Absolutely absurd.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisroch View Post
since the last 140ish mb update i get same problem.

On Atari loading screen it crash. Giving me tickets ID: 6734252 (Unique Error ID: 6719096)
The game was running nicely before.

This error is the one I get. Game never ran for me, but seemed to be patching.
Now, upon this patch, I get that same error ID # 6719096.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyon View Post
I have the same issue, and I've tried every suggested solution.

Tried disabling everything 'Nvidia'.

Tried disabling EVERYTHING not absolutely neccasary to run my system (barebones win7 64).

Tried running in compatability modes.

Tried checking the registry for the Cryptic folder (present, with four entries under Cryptic/Stsr Trek Online)

Tried ensuring all files in the STO folder are marked not read-only.

Tried reinstalling.

Tried re-downloading and re-installing (from a different source).

Tried changing the install directory from Users/Public, Program Files(x86) and Program Files.

Still getting the same nonesense. Nothing hapens at all when I tried to load the program. I used to get the OLE messages, but even those are a rarity now - I can't even get those to crop up. All that happens is the first time I try to boot the process chomps half my CPU, and if I load again the second process chomps the other half, and my PC slows to a crawl until I end process.

Absolutely absurd.
Epic Fail, IMHO..

I feel your pain, mate..
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-14-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm having the same problem getting error code 1471817, I have never been able to run the game.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joehint View Post
I'm having the same problem getting error code 1471817, I have never been able to run the game.
Apparently we're not going to be able to play any time soon.

Just pray that you can run the updater from the retail CD installation.

There goes our Early Start for Preorders...
Closed Thread