Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 21
03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
in a show you have to scale back the action and fx and they would be forced to do the more traditional trek shows which would probably win over some of the ones who hate XI.
Not in this day and age. HBO with projects like Rome and Game of Thrones has proven that tv is no longer a prisoner to small budgets.

Sopranos, The Wire, Madmen, Girls, these shows have pushed the tropes of TV beyond the landscape of ye olde Treks of decades past ... into exciting new territory.

A new Trek series can be made that isn't beholden to all of the problems of tv syndication and network control of the past.

Heck, TNG itself broke ground on this movement with how it was marketed, sold and aired.

A new Trek series could be so much more open to boldly going where no one has gone before.
Captain
# 22
03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
I would enjoy watching a TV series based on the revised Trek, provided that Orci and Kurtzman were involved in the entire series production. A revamp of TNG, however, would feel unearned at this point - we haven't established yet what the universe is like now, so we don't know how it would unfold in a century's time.
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Career Officer
# 23
03-27-2013, 04:38 PM
If its well written, I would give it a chance. I wouldn't hold by breath on it, or work myself up to a nerdgasm over it.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
A few requirements first

1 All damage from first film REVERSED
Vulcan and Romulus Restored
2 Kirk Dies or becomes a decent man
3 Spock takes a vow of celibacy or has a nasty accident rendering him harmless
4 Uhura gets counselling
5 No more recoil on the phasers
6 Engine room restored to normal
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
MY question is, if they did a TNG reboot they'd probably start with them being younger than they were at the beginning of the series and just getting into starfleet like they did in JJTrek - In that case would Tom Hardy play Picard?

"When my flute song is... finished... You'll have my permission to clap"
Captain
# 26
03-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
A few requirements first

1 All damage from first film REVERSED
Vulcan and Romulus Restored
2 Kirk Dies or becomes a decent man
3 Spock takes a vow of celibacy or has a nasty accident rendering him harmless
4 Uhura gets counselling
5 No more recoil on the phasers
6 Engine room restored to normal
So that's a "no", then.
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Only so I could be kept up to date with Rage posts :p
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 28
03-27-2013, 06:31 PM
I was thinking more on this topic, and I can see a JJ Trekvse looking like this.

1. Patrick Stewart would do a cameo in the 1st episode, and play the role of Admiral Jean-Luc Picard. His histroy being a little different in the new verse, with him taking a fast track into a leadership position within Starfleet. Having done this, it gave him time to have a family, so a younger Jean-Luc Picard jr would be put on the new Enterprise. Dear old dad pulled the strings to get him that command, but his son doesn't like it, cause he wanted the command without dads help. I would see the family life would mirror what we seen of it from the Generations movie, so Jean-Luc Picard would have more than one kid.

2. Worf wouldn't be part of the crew, but a member of the Klingon Empire, and one of their best officers. After a few run ins with Jr over 1 or 2 seasons, Worf and Jr grow to respect each other, and become the best of friends.

3. There would be a new doctor on the ship, with Beverly Crusher being the head of Starfleet Academy medical. (Cameo by Gates McFadden) Dr. Crusher mainly would be there to help get one of her top students on the new ship.

4. Data's story would be about the same, with a few small twists. Mainly having his emotions in place to start, and his battle is mainly how to keep them in control, vs trying to find what are emtions are all about. A recast for this one too.

5. Geordie, Commander Riker and Tori would get a recasting, and I would make them up and coming new actors to play the roles.

6. Any other original TNG members that want to be in the new TNG, I would have them play cameo roles, or recast them in repeat roles over the course of the season or seasons.

It's what I would do anyway.

Oh and get John de Lancie back to play the role of Q, can't have a reboot without Q.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-27-2013, 06:34 PM
I'll pretty much take any kind of Trek on TV at this point. Just make it so... ffs.
Captain
# 30
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
I would certainly watch a new Trek, as long as it wasn't on Syfy.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.