Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,080
# 71
03-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
Maybe... but only if he create completely new crew, ship, universe. Hell no for "remaking" existing characters only because he has different vision of them. You have different idea of character? Create new which suits you. In my opinion Star Trek trade mark, and characters from TOS were added to the last movie only to attract to cinemas old fans.
If you think that, then you really don't know what you are talking about, since the whole movie has more nods to the Trek franchise itself then any of the other ones. George Samuel Kirk and Winona Kirk were only characters in a few novels or the fact that McCoy's equip about his divorce was a nod to an earlier Trek script.

Since the new movie restarted and reenergized the franchise, I say to you haters, you really need to look at the old movies. The majority of them are the pew pew variety, in fact, none of them really stay with the origins of going no where no one has gone before and with very little exploring what so ever. TMP comes close. Right now, the Prime Universe has so much back story that only established Trek fans will go to see the movie. Look at the last few movies like INS and NEM, while I wouldnt say ENT died because of few viewers, it died due to the UPN folding.

You really need to look at the all the series, Trek goes all over the place with story-driven episodes to all-action ones to comedic ones to ones that literally makes no sense. This new Trek was bound to happen and it brought in whole new audiences and a whole new generation of Trek fans. If my cheerleading-I-am-all-about-the-popularity daughter went to see the movie, there is hope for our beloved franchise.

Last edited by eldarion79; 03-29-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 72
03-29-2013, 07:29 AM
i watched voyager, cant be much worse.

though if its just hollyoaks/the oc, in space, then it just will just fail, since there are so many other execrable tween targeting soap operas already available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 383
# 73
03-29-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
Since the new movie restarted and reenergized the franchise
I don't say that it didn't do that. But JJ did have to recreate already existing characters and history to do that. He could simple create totally new ship, captain and crew and movie won't lose anything by this.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,862
# 74
03-29-2013, 07:39 AM
I absolutely would watch a new show based on JJTrek.

However, I don't have regular TV any more, I just watch by streaming and I think networks are STILL not taking that audience into account... so it would probably look like it has low ratings and get cancelled.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 597
# 75
03-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
Let's just say the new movie pulls huge numbers, and I think it can. Then a 3rd film in made, and JJ feels it's time to bring it back to TV.

But here's the catch 22, It MUST be set in his new timeline, AND..............

He wants to reboot TNG with this new show. We are talking about new actors, new look ship, and a lot of new twist to a few prime stories, and a ton of new story lines to go down.

Would you support a New show set in JJ's world, or be hardcore, and protest it by not watching one clip?

I have a feeling this might be the road they want to go down, but it will be based on what these next movies do at the box office. New younger fans, and hopfully more money in the bank.

So how do you feel about this idea?
I would.. I hope that happens. Star Trek.. the old trek as much as I love it.. needs updating. We as audience want action, intrigue, intelligence..all mixed up in a tidy little bow. The old trek feels old.. If they would create a new series it would have to be in the new era.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,080
# 76
03-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
I don't say that it didn't do that. But JJ did have to recreate already existing characters and history to do that. He could simple create totally new ship, captain and crew and movie won't lose anything by this.
Since we were on a drought of Trek for the first time in 20 years with NEM flopping and ENT being cancelled, I would say it reenergized the franchise, and I think STO had a hand in it too.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.