Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm UK based, and I was able to play from about 11am my time till 1:30pm, without issue. I went offline for about 2 hours, to enjoy RL, and started playing again at 3ish.

At exactly 7:20, I was disconnected after 4 hours of flawless and continuous gameplay. Now I can't log back in, because I get D/C'd all the time. The loading takes forever, then I get in big red words at the top "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" at which point, I'm kicked out - and the 20 minute cycle of logging back in again begins.

Basically, as soon as America wakes up, all the yanks are logging into STO, and us Europeans are being kicked off. Its like a Kurfew!

It hasn't been a big deal for me, because I got to play all day - but when I go back to work tomorrow, I'll only get to play in the evenings - and if I only get to play for about an hour before America kicks me off... its gonna suck.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
every few seconds discon, and when try to zone to any zone discon
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Throwing in here too, I was good from about 1am PST to around 8am PST but after that its been nothing but constant server disconnects, I really think theres not enough bandwidth allocated for the load.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I really wanted to hit LT CMDR today, but I've been having this same problem. I was fine during Deep Space Encounters doing "Secure the Sirius Sector Block" or w/e its called, but as soon as I left I got SERVER NOT RESPONDING and DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER and I haven't been able to get back in since.

On a lighter note, I've had some really funny load ins so far with my ship beaming down to a planet for ground combat, or my character beaming into space without a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Same, played all day without any problems at all...now the Americans logging on and the servers go POP....
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISoldat View Post
You are testing something though, they are working out the kinks of server stability. With Closed beta there were about 8k on at most at the same time, with this you have and I am prob low balling it, 50k folks. Servers need to be tweaked to handle it properly, instances need to pop up to take the added pressure. Seems like what is happening right now is more instances aren't creating, so folks are being shuffled from one full instance to another, when you have thousands of people doing that the servers are about to blow a gasket.

Servers have gaskets?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I am having the same issue. Here are a few more details that might make things better.

I am doing the "Patrol the Kassae Sector" episode and I got the first two systems done but anytime I try to get close to the other two systems in the episode, I get no interaction to "Enter the System" when I get there, that is when I get the server connection issue popping up.

Ironicly,. I did several deep space encounters and could come and go as I please but when trying to load into a system, i get disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Same for me as well every two ae three minutes. Seems as always Yanks come first everyone else comes second.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
It's happening to me too. I was fine yesterday, now it's "Server not responding" every 5-10 min. It seemed to start happeneing as more people came on, so I'd say thhis server needs a lot of optimizing especially before launch.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Pretty sure everyone is getting mauled by this junk right now. And it'd be nice if we could get a word from the Cryptos about what's going on.