Captain
# 1 Custom Bridge Interiors
07-21-2013, 10:40 AM
So i have seen suggestions that the foundry should be utalised as a tool for the creation of custom bridges

Just a quick question, If you could Would you? or would the limited assets put you off the idea?

Do you think a template of a bridge would be useful, and expand on it? Or would you like to see completely blank maps to build from the ground up?

Should we be able to 'sell' our bridges, like with the Tips ?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 2
07-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Knowing me, I'd build an the entire freaking ship with custom NPCs, working holidecks, crew quarters, and everything.

Granted we would need the option to make rooms the size we want.

Granted I haven't used the foundry in a while, is the design process still top down only? I wish we could move thing at eye level.
Captain
# 3
07-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I must admit, i'd be tempted to try and flesh out the entire soverign ship

Still top down , there was some mention of a 'nudger' but don't get hopes up

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 4
07-21-2013, 03:44 PM
That is what I really don't like about the foundry the way it is if I'm building a room I want a eye level perspective like how housing is done in EQ2/SWG/RoM?etc.
Captain
# 5
07-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Personally i'd love to have something similar to Halo 4s Forge Mode, i love being able to create vast complex 3d structures with it

Lt. Commander
# 6
07-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Yes, I would definitely love being able to make my ship interior. At the very least I would love to see more options of stock ones. A friend of mine just started playing and I was showing him around my Sovereign's interior. Then we went to his Miranda and he was like "Hey, wait, your ships is like 20x times the size of mine and they have the same interiors." That'd be a nice thing to correct and expand.
Captain
# 7
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Definatly, theres only two fed interiors that fit the size i know of, Belfast and Constitution

Lieutenant
# 8
07-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I think that It wouldn't be posible, sadly.

Cryptic is doing nothing to improve the Foundry to new levels, no even Neverwinter's. they care in doing content for the C-store or new sometimes, useless things.

this is the most requested thing for the foundry yet, they ignore it, along with several asserts and features.
Captain
# 9
07-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelordzx5 View Post
I think that It wouldn't be posible, sadly.

Cryptic is doing nothing to improve the Foundry to new levels, no even Neverwinter's. they care in doing content for the C-store or new sometimes, useless things.

this is the most requested thing for the foundry yet, they ignore it, along with several asserts and features.
with a heavy heart i must admit i thin your right about that

Obviously the cstore stuff keeps money rolling in where the foundry doesn't

Captain
# 10
07-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I would definitely flesh out my ship, deck by deck. Templates and blank maps should both be available.

I would like to be able to save my maps, though, so I can carry them over to other characters and ships.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q