Captain
# 121
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
im laying odds it'll be called... "Subspace Monsters" and bla bla bla... make a mission based on the Elachi
Well, if us authors can use the "Snatcher" animation used in the Virinat colony attack, that wouldn't be so bad.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 122
06-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Captains!

I'm going to be extending the voting deadline again as some missions are still being republished and some missions may be uncompletable due to the reach marker bug (which we are working to resolve). There is currently no voting deadline I'm setting forth at this time, but what I will most likely do is re-post voting information on the front page once the bug is fixed, update this thread, and restart the voting process.

I will give challenge authors a one-week warning before the new 3-week voting period begins so they can play through their missions and ensure there are no blockers that would make the mission uncompletable. I will ask that they honor the original rules and not change the mission in terms of story, content, etc. Any changes should only be to ensure that players can complete the mission.

If there is not an overwhelming amount of objections, any votes received before the launch of Legacy of Romulus will still count towards final vote totals that will determine a winner.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 123
06-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
im laying odds it'll be called... "Subspace Monsters" and bla bla bla... make a mission based on the Elachi
Likely, even if not a part of the Elachi, Sub-Space Monsters those sound cool!
Elachi would make my BTRW Series easier to connect, I better start work on a banner in the event your correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Well, if us authors can use the "Snatcher" animation used in the Virinat colony attack, that wouldn't be so bad.
That would be both awsome and over used
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

# 124
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi Authors!

We're going to re-start the voting period next Wednesday, July 3rd -- I'll be reposting the voting blog then and voting will be open for 3 weeks. Please re-read this post of mine, noting the yellow text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains!

I'm going to be extending the voting deadline again as some missions are still being republished and some missions may be uncompletable due to the reach marker bug (which we are working to resolve). There is currently no voting deadline I'm setting forth at this time, but what I will most likely do is re-post voting information on the front page once the bug is fixed, update this thread, and restart the voting process.

I will give challenge authors a one-week warning before the new 3-week voting period begins so they can play through their missions and ensure there are no blockers that would make the mission uncompletable. I will ask that they honor the original rules and not change the mission in terms of story, content, etc. Any changes should only be to ensure that players can complete the mission.

If there is not an overwhelming amount of objections, any votes received before the launch of Legacy of Romulus will still count towards final vote totals that will determine a winner.
Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 125
06-25-2013, 01:23 PM
was it against rules that
I removed the Heat wave Effect from map?

it was really ugly. didn't notice it pre LOR.

and no objections to any thing in your post.

well my entry is able to be completed.
I admit story leaves much to be desired. Sorry
If any 1 wants to play through it with me to offer "feedback"/ test group play.

today or sometime later.

Last edited by i8472; 06-25-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 126
06-26-2013, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8472 View Post
was it against rules that
I removed the Heat wave Effect from map?

it was really ugly. didn't notice it pre LOR.

and no objections to any thing in your post.

well my entry is able to be completed.
I admit story leaves much to be desired. Sorry
If any 1 wants to play through it with me to offer "feedback"/ test group play.

today or sometime later.
I doubt it. I went back and fourth during the last challenge fixing stuff that was breaking. Aslong as the mission isn't down long enough for anyone to notice you'll be fine.
Commander
# 127 Question
06-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I only need to correct a couple of glitches and a few spelling errors with my mission.

IF it is OK with the rest of you, I will make the Space Combat a bit easier, I thought it was Hard/Challenging but I recieved a few emails in-game complaining they couldn't get past it If you guys don't object will erase one of the two Enemy Squads.

I'll wait till Monday evening to make the changes (GMT - Time).

Additional: I will re-publish on Wednesday around 5PM GMT
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 07-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.
# 128
07-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi Captains!

UPDATE! (7/3/13 - Voting resumes today and will last for 3 weeks. If you've already sent in your vote, you do not need to send in your vote again.) From today until Wednesday, July 24th, at 10AM PDT, voting is once again open for Foundry Challenge #7! More info on voting here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=883341

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
# 129
07-18-2013, 05:15 PM
UPDATE! (7/18/13) Earlier this month, voting resumed for Foundry Challenge #7, with all votes being due by next Wednesday, July 24th, at 10AM PDT. I mentioned that if you already voted that you did not need to resend your vote -- unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, I will need you, as well as anyone who has sent in a vote since Foundry Challenge #7 voting resumed, to send in the vote once more via an in-game mail to me (@PWE_BranFlakes). In the message, please include the name of the one (1) mission you feel should win this challenge. Please send this in by the aforementioned date and time.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having to resend in your vote and wish all our entrant authors the best of luck in this challenge!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Captain
Since the update thread was closed, I wanted to encourage folks to resubmit their votes for Foundry Challenge #7. According to BF, "I was clearing out old email to get below the 200, and thought I was starting from the oldest to newest Major, major bummer."

So, if you voted for a winner in the recent Foundry challenge, please vote again. You have less than a week to do so.

Good luck to all the contestants.