Captain
# 11
03-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately I have other commitments - namely that of the Darkfrontiers Persistent Foundry Project

Best of luck to all contestants though. I look forward to playing their entries.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
03-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately I have other commitments - namely that of the Darkfrontiers Persistent Foundry Project

Best of luck to all contestants though. I look forward to playing their entries.
Try and tie it in both.
Ensign
# 13
03-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Runabouts & Zombies
@patcrow
Federation
Part of a double feature. 1)Use your runabout to pick up a Romulan Senator from Tal Shiar space and avoid Romulan Patrols. 2) Respond to a distress call from a startship who's crew have turned into flesh eating monsters.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
03-28-2013, 06:33 AM
hmmmm

Im going to try a small builder up to th PFP with these.. (until something smaller comes along they'll be the "small" purple spiders.)

Now how I'm goin to use them continue with the Ask'kaar plot in a shuttle mission... well... Come on brain... do your magic!
Captain
# 15
03-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
hmmmm

Im going to try a small builder up to th PFP with [url="http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Neural_parasite_(24th_century)"]
That must be one of the worst tng plots ever. There's a reason it was never followed up on. Plus there already an Undine infiltration plot in the game. Just my opinion.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
That must be one of the worst tng plots ever. There's a reason it was never followed up on. Plus there already an Undine infiltration plot in the game. Just my opinion.
the reason it was never followed up was because...

Quote:
The parasite storyline was not revisited due to the negative reaction "Conspiracy" received, as the story was too different from what viewers had come to expect from Star Trek.
- Memory alpha

Besides. I think the episode was good..

plot was good..
rimmacks head exploding was
Mystory about them was even better

As for the novel about them... well.. Im going to ignore the Trill hybrid thing...

And for the Undine... maybe their used as some form of mind control?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
The parasite storyline was not revisited due to the negative reaction "Conspiracy" received, as the story was too different from what viewers had come to expect from Star Trek.
Same group that got enterprise axed most likely.

The Tng: Coming to age set up for a good plot. Something had infiltrated the "perfect" Starfleet.

Later on Conspiracy left us hanging with that scene of the exploding head guy sending a message to who nows where.

Those two episodes alone were better than all the Voyager Borg rubbish.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-28-2013, 11:33 AM
lol yeah the exploding head scene was epic.

As for the bugs. I suppose at the time people were leaving the perfect peaceful era of TOS. Which is most likely why it got negative feedback, we did see that creature burst out of the guys stomach and then the inners of his corpse.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
03-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Well regardless im going to give it a try. If people like it... great... if they dont.. well... "you'll get nothing and like it!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
03-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Well regardless im going to give it a try. If people like it... great... if they dont.. well... "you'll get nothing and like it!"
I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm not one of those "negative reaction" people, though I admit that was about 3 years before I started watching Star Trek. Ever since I saw that episode I thought it was cool and always thought that was a plot that should be followed up on.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.