Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
Are we going to get this ship anytime soon? I have a few suggestions to kick around.

For the Saucer, the original scaloped under side, and a flat "grounded" or filled in underside. The defectors should include the original grill, an intrepid style, and a galaxy or ambassador style. Nacelles should include the original, a galaxy/intrepid/ambassador style, and a star crusier rounded varient.

For BOFF layout:

1 Commander Science
1 Lt. Commander Engineer, Science, or Universal
2 Lt. slots of any combination of Tactical, Engineer, Science or Universal
1 Ensign slot of Tactical, Engineer, Science, or Universal

My preference would be as follows:
1 Commander Science
1 Lt. Commander Universal
1 Lt. Engineer
1 Lt. Science
1 Ensign Universal

3 Devices slots, 4 Science consoles, 3 Engineer consoles (4 for Fleet varient), 2 Tactical Consoles

250 Crew, 30,000 hull, 10 turn, .15 Inertia

Any imputs from other folks?
Captain
# 2
03-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Dauntless?

Isn't that the one from voyager with the nutty alien?

Somehow i cant see it appearing, seeing as the ship wasn't even a federation ship, it was in a federation "skin" via particle... (synthesis was it)?
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Career Officer
# 3
03-27-2013, 06:37 PM
It's not a federation ship...

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight
Captain
# 4
03-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Starfleet was using them in the 26th century, so I could see it appearing in STO. It would probably be a lockbox ship, though.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 5
03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Battle of Procyon V. Same battle as the Enterprise-J.
Career Officer
# 6
03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
There are so many other ships I would rather see than the Dauntless but I'm also not a big "it has to be canon" player either. It would be cool if they would accept more ship designs from the players themselves.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
03-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd love to see it appear ingame, as others have pointed out, it did appear at the Battle of Procyon V with the Enterprise-J. There was also a Promethius and a Vorcha in that battle as well.

What I'd propose is a special time travel mission, or maybe a fleet action, where players take part in the Battle of Procyon V (This would explain the presence of old ships at that battle), it would also allow us to see the Enterprise-J without needing to give it to players, and the reward for the mission the first time it is played could be a Dauntless class ship, like how we got the Ambassador class ship recently.

Formerly Suricata - Join Date July 2008
Captain
# 8
03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Dauntless?

Isn't that the one from voyager with the nutty alien?

Somehow i cant see it appearing, seeing as the ship wasn't even a federation ship, it was in a federation "skin" via particle... (synthesis was it)?
Well given that a lot of us are already flying around in alien ships, I don't think the Dauntless being of non-federation origin is a factor, for an alien ship it at least looks like a Federation ship, it is a cool looking design and if it showed up in the C-Store I'd buy it tomorrow. But if they put it in a lock box I will be sorely disappointed, a lot of really cool ships have been relegated to supporting Cryptics gambling system and it's a practice I am really beginning to despise.
Captain
# 9
03-28-2013, 03:45 AM
No! It looks hideous.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Yes, a lot are flying alien ships. Alien ships that we have access to - all come from factions currently active in the alpha/beta quadrants and all but the timeships would be valid prize of war acquisitions.

The Duantless, however, was a ship that a small part of one crew had access to for a few hours which didn't technically exist to begin with, not bringing away enough information to replicate it's propulsion system, let alone the rest of it.