Commander
# 1 Where is the 'End Game'?
03-28-2013, 12:51 AM
We are about to receive a massive amount of new content but we still don't have what many consider to be a true end game scenario. Where are the extreem difficulty, multi-team raids that reward unique, epic loot drops? Reputation grinding is not end game content. Rep systems should be spaced out amoung all 50 levels and there should be many more rep systems to choose from. But, that is off topic...
Where is our end game? What are we gearing up for? We get more and more powerfull for what? What challenge awaits that will put this high level gear and new abilities to the ultimate test? Where are our unique, epic boss drops? Remember the Borg Analyzer Kit? When will we punish the weak by denying them the fat loot and reward the skilled by making them stand out amoung the community as epic conquerers?
Lieutenant
# 2 Ending Event
03-28-2013, 02:04 AM
For those that were active during Beta ....

Perhaps you are referencing something similar to the Ending Beta Event.

http://youtu.be/VENozahCy0A

Something for the 5 year Anniversary or beyond (LOL)
Fleet Admiral Cassity
Delta Fleet
Commander
# 3 o.o
03-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Not exactly. Wow has 10-25 player raid dungeons of giant scale and difficulty. Why do we not have something similar? I don't like that people do not have to increase their skill to obtain the most powerfull gear and that a person with little understanding of the game, in time, can have MK 12 OMEGA and so on. Those items should be reserved for the most skilled players and earned through the most intense raids.
What is there for players who seek challenge besides pvp which is limited in game modes? Where are our epic boss fights with fat loot drops for the most skilled players? When will we truely seperate the men from the boys in PVE?

Last edited by akurie666; 03-28-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Captain
# 4
03-28-2013, 03:39 AM
oh boy, you shouldn't have made that comparison with wow...you will be flamed beyond credibility.
Not by me though, since i too loved raiding in wow, to a certain point. But when i was done with raiding in wow, STO was exactly the kind of MMO i was looking for. No time intensive endgame content etc...(got my endgame gear before hitting lvl 50 before the STF redesign, and i loved it)

anyway, sto is not that kind of MMO, it is far more casual and shaped around the 3 hour per week guy...not the 4-5 hours per day nerd.

don't get me wrong, i'd love to see such content, but that is not the peer group sto is aimed at.

though i wouldn't mind for more STF like content, the tau dewa red alert is also not bad and the 5 man nukara elite missions had also something about them that i liked.

Also "bring back the OLD STF" as ultra elite weekly missions, only for premade teams and special rewards that is not available via reputation (not saying it must be better, just different)
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-28-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
03-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
We are about to receive a massive amount of new content but we still don't have what many consider to be a true end game scenario. Where are the extreem difficulty, multi-team raids that reward unique, epic loot drops? Reputation grinding is not end game content. Rep systems should be spaced out amoung all 50 levels and there should be many more rep systems to choose from. But, that is off topic...
Where is our end game? What are we gearing up for? We get more and more powerfull for what? What challenge awaits that will put this high level gear and new abilities to the ultimate test? Where are our unique, epic boss drops? Remember the Borg Analyzer Kit? When will we punish the weak by denying them the fat loot and reward the skilled by making them stand out amoung the community as epic conquerers?
Yeah, what he said !
I thought I took the Blue Pill.......
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
We used to have the old epic STFs, where you had to be good in both space and ground at the same time. People complained and they were split up and turned into simple grind events.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Ensign
# 7
03-28-2013, 08:56 AM
IMHO STO should have a Race vs Race vs Race event every 6 hours or so;
maybe they could make it so that the 3 races would be fighting over control of some dilithium rich system or something
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
03-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexopena1 View Post
IMHO STO should have a Race vs Race vs Race event every 6 hours or so;
maybe they could make it so that the 3 races would be fighting over control of some dilithium rich system or something
Lord of the Rings Online already beat you to that with the Ettenmoores.

That said, it might actually be interesting to introduce an open world PVP area with objectives that can boost the entire faction if accomplished.

As for the Borg invasion of Sol Starbase - That was really fun and it would be nice if they would do that. For those that will whine they dont want to get killed then make it a seperate red alert instance.

Dosent just have to be Borg either, you can make it various species across the various social zones.
Commander
# 9
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
Also "bring back the OLD STF" as ultra elite weekly missions, only for premade teams and special rewards that is not available via reputation (not saying it must be better, just different)
I was here for the vanilla STF missions. I miss requiring Ventrillo for the groups I would lead. This game has lost its teeth to a community of weaklings who cried for change because they could not keep up.
Based on what the the forum community, which does not represent the majority of the game player base, always wants we have a long road ahead filled with costumes and social zones for people to tell Gorn jokes in. They don't play games. They play dress up.

Last edited by akurie666; 03-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
I understood what the OP meant just from the title. STO is not only open ended but aimless.

Guild Wars has 3 campaigns and expansion with climactic endings. WoW has boss fights such as the Lich King. Star Wars: The Old Republic and DC Universe also have end game content and most mmos allow you to replay all the missions in a hard mode.

Many people have asked me who is the "bad guy" at the end of STO. There just isn't one. Without that goal to "go get the bad guy" many people won't continue playing once they get level capped or get tired of repetitive quest lines. This is why I recommend the Foundry for content. However some players feel that it is hard to find quality content in there.

Have Fun!
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.