Captain
# 11
03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
This is more than just an aesthetic upgrade, though. The devs have pointed out that it isn't trivial at all to accomplish.
might be possible for them to hack this into existance.
esd already has an area where you can veiw ships through a window, moving that to an exterior 'room' and putting ships on orbits/rails similarly to the npc ships patrolling esd space would give a close approximation.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Rihannsu
# 12
03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I think he meant the "your ship" part, they've said it's not possible to have the player's ship appear outside
Rihannsu
# 13
03-31-2013, 04:24 AM
IMO the limited special projects should never give any kind of benefit. It would force fleets to build features they don't necessarily like, and screw over small fleets that may have trouble building them fast enough to keep up.
Career Officer
# 14
03-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
IMO the limited special projects should never give any kind of benefit. It would force fleets to build features they don't necessarily like, and screw over small fleets that may have trouble building them fast enough to keep up.
Once a special project is started, it will remain available and active even when the cut off time has passed.
Captain
# 15
03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
I like all of these ideas! I especially would like to see more faction specific ships patroling around the Starbase exterior.
Career Officer
# 16
04-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Title: "Digging up the past"
Type: Functional
Bonuses: Gives the ability to select a past Limited of Time, Special Projects.
Description: When resources are scarce, it is hard to get the things you want or pass up. With this console installed both large and small fleets can acquire those upgrades or aesthetics at anytime, which means that you can continue focusing on the important stuff such as fleet build up.

Last edited by kylelocke; 04-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Personaly I have a very tiny fleet, just me and 1 other person so I've been handling all the fleet projects myself. As far as these little limited time cosmetic things I've been doing them whenever I get around to it but what i'd like to see is something for the fleet system exterior. The stuff we have now looks ok but who wouldn't want the option of adding a planet to their fleet system, maybe as a beam down social area and maybe even use it as a starting point for later fleet holdings like a colony or mine or whatever.

Another idea could be a special project to let people change the outside look of their fleet starbase, maybe offer fleets a choice of different starbase exteriors and they could either keep what they have now or pick one of the projects to do to change what the outside of it looks like, for example if they want their tier 5 starbase to look like the Earth spacedock starbase.
Rihannsu
# 18
04-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Title: War Games
Bonuses: Functional Limited
Description: allows you to invite the same amount of players of the opposite faction as are in your current goup (up to 20) and launch a PVP match. Players get 1 Fleet Mark pro kill, objective is to capture the base
(5v5 players - 1 base for 30 seconds,
10v10 - 2 bases,
15v15 - 3 bases,
20v20 - 4 bases)

winning team gets 20 FM/person

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Career Officer
# 19
04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
Title: War Games
Bonuses: Functional Limited
Description: allows you to invite the same amount of players of the opposite faction as are in your current goup (up to 20) and launch a PVP match. Players get 1 Fleet Mark pro kill, objective is to capture the base
(5v5 players - 1 base for 30 seconds,
10v10 - 2 bases,
15v15 - 3 bases,
20v20 - 4 bases)

winning team gets 20 FM/person
Wow I like this one! Sort of like capture the flag?