Career Officer
# 31
03-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Well we don't have the math on the individual consoles.
A few weeks ago, Bort confirmed on the Forums (Duty Officer, IIRC) that all the different 42 consoles have an equal weighting on the results table for console crafting.
Empire Veteran
# 32
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl1611 View Post
Be nicer if you got the choice to fabricate the type of console of you're choice and then played a lotto of either Green/Blue or Purple drops.
Agreed,

I could live with this.

I'm luck with getting the high end consoles has tanked the last month or so to the point that it has not been worth it for me to even try making them.
Captain
# 33
03-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Agreed,

I could live with this.

I'm luck with getting the high end consoles has tanked the last month or so to the point that it has not been worth it for me to even try making them.
Yeah. Antiproton consoles are way too rare.
Career Officer
# 34
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Your logic is flawed, sir.

They only sell for 50m each BECAUSE they are rare. Rest assured, if the ability to craft XII purple consoles was released, the price would plummet FAST!
This would be a bad thing why?

Quote:
You could do what I did, invest your dilithium in character slots, level them - and run the mission on multiple toons. Ten characters = 12m EC every 74 hours. That's not too shabby (I power them up first). It should be 15m but the artifact market has taken a pummeling recently thanks to the doff packs!
I don't have the time or inclination to facegrind in that manner.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
03-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
This would be a bad thing why?

I don't have the time or inclination to facegrind in that manner.
I'm not saying it would be a bad thing, but if that was the case then it would no longer be a way of making money - which is what he was wanting.

It really doesn't take all that much time, I pick up NADORC on all my characters in 5 minutes every 3 days. 5 minutes every 3 days isn't really too much effort.

The main time comes in levelling up alts, but I've just been doing that over the whole time I've been playing so I had plenty in reserve which I turned into artifact grinders. Doesn't take much time at all tbh
Captain
# 36
03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
I am definately in favor of making MK XII VR consoles craftable. It would make crafting an actual useful thing to do-somethign that I haven't done for a long time, and would bring down the prices for the consoles on the exchange to something reasonable. Currently you can't even buyany good MK XII VR from the exchange unless you have the 500 zen ec upgrade, they are so ridiculously expensive.
Captain
# 37
03-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Well does anyone know if they said crafting was paying off with people buying dilithium.

I think that's basically what a possible revamp of crafting is going to come down to.

I agree though that crafting is one of, if not the weakest point in all of STO - huge wasted potential for an rpg.
Captain
# 38
03-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
I am definately in favor of making MK XII VR consoles craftable. It would make crafting an actual useful thing to do-somethign that I haven't done for a long time, and would bring down the prices for the consoles on the exchange to something reasonable. Currently you can't even buyany good MK XII VR from the exchange unless you have the 500 zen ec upgrade, they are so ridiculously expensive.

Yeah. Or the game could use a lot more EC rewards, like loot selling for 10X price as before.
Career Officer
# 39
03-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Yeah. Or the game could use a lot more EC rewards, like loot selling for 10X price as before.
Vendoring trash is the reason why the EC market is so bloated. Unfortunately, Cryptic let EC spiral out of control for 2 and a half years, so any real sink to get EC out of supply will give rewards only to those who already have a lot of it.

Though, I suppose if the EC influx rate were to be drastically increased along with a giant sink, eventually the EC supply could settle to levels where its more evenly distributed across players. That would be very tricky to balance, however.
Commander
# 40
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Wow, every thread turns into a WAR! Those opposed to this idea seem to be motivated by profit.

For one thing, it is certainly LUCK, saying otherwise is just being obstinate.
For another thing, I back this idea because I am not looking to corner the exchange, but make crafting something that is worth the time and improve MY ship. You could always sell the stuff you craft and profit as well, there will always be folks who would rather have you take the time to craft it and buy it from you. And you can keep the current system, just add the crafting option.