Career Officer
# 31
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
As per my understanding, aux cannons feed off auxiliary power. Why is it that my aux cannons go off-line when EITHER my weapons or auxiliary subsystems are knocked off-line?

Cryptic, I'm seriously hoping that this is a bug. No item should be dependent on two subsystems, especially not an item that is paid for like the Vesta.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: Ticket submitted in the stead that this is a bug, but what do tickets do? Not much in my experience.
Well for one thing, they shouldn't drain like the regular weapons do because that makes them completely useless, Aux isnt there for show and the only people to use aux are science ships who need it for their skills

They don't do anywhere near the same damage as the other cannons do so why bother with them imo. I was making a new science character but it's really worthless imo to use these at all!

If they made them anywhere near the damage output of the quads I could understand their purpose but really I don't It's sorta like using the defiant for pve you really won't be using 50 in engines which is required for quads honestly.

Now what they should have done is made these weapons get enhanced damage bonuses from the other types of power instead of relying on these types that would have made sense so that it would remain balanced yet a benefit.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Career Officer
# 32
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I fly an Atrox, its bigger and has the proper shape! =P
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
03-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Well for one thing, they shouldn't drain like the regular weapons do because that makes them completely useless, Aux isnt there for show and the only people to use aux are science ships who need it for their skills

They don't do anywhere near the same damage as the other cannons do so why bother with them imo. I was making a new science character but it's really worthless imo to use these at all!

If they made them anywhere near the damage output of the quads I could understand their purpose but really I don't It's sorta like using the defiant for pve you really won't be using 50 in engines which is required for quads honestly.

Now what they should have done is made these weapons get enhanced damage bonuses from the other types of power instead of relying on these types that would have made sense so that it would remain balanced yet a benefit.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, there are other cannons that are better. They're only better if you put enough power to weapons, though. If you're putting that much power to weapons then you're skimping in another area. It means that in order to have 125 aux power your shields and engines are underpowered. Yes, your cannons may do more damage but the rest of ship is lacking.

By pumping max power to aux and using the aux cannons (which aren't THAT much less powerful than other cannons) you're still hitting very hard, you have max aux to use science abilities (the area where a science ship shines) AND you've got enough power to feed shields and engines.

Remember, science ships aren't DPS machines. They're science machines. Aux cannons give the science machine a bigger bite.
Lieutenant
# 34
03-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
I just checked and they do exactly the same amount of damage as a regular [Acc]x2 [Dmg] Phaser DHC (of which, there's only 4 on the Exchange starting from 14.9 million EC).

The new Advanced Fleet [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2 are arguably better but you couldn't run a 125 Aux build without switching power all the time, popping batteries or just gimping your DPS.

The Sao Paulo's Quad Phaser Cannons do more DPS because they're [Dmg]x4 - but they don't have the [Acc] mod so whether they're a superior weapon depends on what content you like to play.

Last edited by brataccas; 03-28-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Career Officer
# 35
03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Ok... Yes... your statements must be true because you eyeballed some tooltips...

When you actually parse numbers then you understand how everything really interacts, and then you make accurate statements about the amount of damage being done.

You should have realized you didn't know what you were talking about the moment you thought the quad cannons were high DPS...

Lieutenant
# 36
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Ok... Yes... your statements must be true because you eyeballed some tooltips...

When you actually parse numbers then you understand how everything really interacts, and then you make accurate statements about the amount of damage being done.

You should have realized you didn't know what you were talking about the moment you thought the quad cannons were high DPS...
They are high-DPS - that alone doesn't make them superior weapons though (as I pointed out) - many people consider the [Dmg] modifier the least desirable one to have - I'm one of them.

Some people however just see the DPS and think 'more=better'.

And regarding the Aux DHCs - they're the same. Exactly the same as Mk XII Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons [Acc]x2 [Dmg] - they perform the same at 125 Aux as the regular ones do at 125 Weapons - why is that so hard for you to accept/understand?
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
03-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:

I parse numbers too. I've seen that when you run a pure aux build you MORE than make up the slight bit of damage loss through your science abilities.

Oh, this holier than thou attitude? It's old now. Get over it. You're making yourself look foolish.
Career Officer
# 38
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
And this is how ignorance perpetuates on the forums. Those who actually do the math and try to help get driven away by people making religious arguments over how they think things work...

Have fun, I have some runs to top perform in...

Lieutenant
# 39
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
And this is how ignorance perpetuates on the forums. Those who actually do the math and try to help get driven away by people making religious arguments over how they think things work...

Have fun, I have some runs to top perform in...
Sorry Kimmy but you're the one not backing up your claims - I'll make this simple so you understand:

DHCs = 12 drain
Turrets = 8 drain

Aux DHCs are identical to Mk XII Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons [Acc]x2 [Dmg], they just use Aux instead of Weapons power.

125 Weapons build:

DHC 1 = 125 power (0 drain)
DHC 2 = 113 power (12 drain)
DHC 3 = 101 power (12 drain)
Turret 1 = 89 power (12 drain)
Turret 2 = 81 power (8 drain)
Turret 3 = 73 power (8 drain)

125 Aux/100 Weapons build:

Aux DHC 1 = 125 aux power (0 drain)
Aux DHC 2 = 113 aux power (12 drain)
Aux DHC 3 = 101 aux power (12 drain)
Turret 1 = 100 weapons power (0 drain)
Turret 2 = 92 weapons power (8 drain)
Turret 3 = 84 weapons power (8 drain)

Pretty simple huh? 2 x separate power reserves mean you can potentially do more damage than you can with one whilst still running max Aux.
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
03-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brataccas View Post
Sorry Kimmy but you're the one not backing up your claims - I'll make this simple so you understand:

DHCs = 12 drain
Turrets = 8 drain

Aux DHCs are identical to Mk XII Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons [Acc]x2 [Dmg], they just use Aux instead of Weapons power.

125 Weapons build:

DHC 1 = 125 power (0 drain)
DHC 2 = 113 power (12 drain)
DHC 3 = 101 power (12 drain)
Turret 1 = 89 power (12 drain)
Turret 2 = 81 power (8 drain)
Turret 3 = 73 power (8 drain)

125 Aux/100 Weapons build:

Aux DHC 1 = 125 aux power (0 drain)
Aux DHC 2 = 113 aux power (12 drain)
Aux DHC 3 = 101 aux power (12 drain)
Turret 1 = 100 weapons power (0 drain)
Turret 2 = 92 weapons power (8 drain)
Turret 3 = 84 weapons power (8 drain)

Pretty simple huh? 2 x separate power reserves mean you can potentially do more damage than you can with one whilst still running max Aux.
You're wasting your time. kimmym won't listen to reason or fact. She just wants to make claims after claim that her way is the best without substantiating those claims.

It appears that every other poster in this thread thinks your full of rubbish, kimmym. Why don't you do us all a favour and fade away so we don't have to deal with your trolling?