Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,062
# 41
03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
/sigh

Look, the burden of proof is not on me. I pasrsed logs for hours and hours and hours, changed builds, trained boffs, bugged people to train boffs, did math, and deleted that data months ago.

If you want to do sloppy math on tooltips and submit them as proof, feel free.

If you want to post a build with parses, then allow me to attempt to beat that build and provide parses, I first need you to give me something to work with.

Ball is in your court. What is the build you use that uses aux cannons that cannot be beat by a build using stronger weapons? Where is the parse? Provide that data and I can prove it wrong. Elsewise I can only prove that *I* do better with one weapon or the other. Give me the tools and I will gladly test this argument, not because I believe I'm right or to prove your wrong, simply because I am interested in what the math says and enjoy definitive answers.

You can rant all you want, but until you learn how to install a parser, its just ranting.
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
# 42
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
/sigh
Let me point out that you stated the Aux DHCs were 'starter weapons' - all I did was point out that they're exactly the same as Mk XII Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons [Acc]x2 [Dmg].

My point was that with a certain (extreme) build you can get more DPS out of 125 Aux/100 Weapons setup than you could with the regular Phaser DHCs (with the same mods) - and at the same time have max Aux for Sci powers.

It centers around power drain and it's incredibly obvious if you take the time to look at it - I don't need to parse it to know it's correct.

I never implied that would outperform weapons with superior mods (i.e. the new Advanced Fleet weapons or different energy types) however to use them at their most effective you have to run 125 Weapons which means you're reducing your available Aux.

You haven't put forward any logic as to why this wouldn't work other than 'it just won't' whilst I'm running this setup on a Sci and a Tac and I can tell you it does - extremely well.

I'm not about to spend 75 million EC on a bunch of Phaser DHCs I don't need just to prove what I already know is true, so it's a moot point - believe what you want to believe.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,330
# 43
03-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
/sigh

Look, the burden of proof is not on me. I pasrsed logs for hours and hours and hours, changed builds, trained boffs, bugged people to train boffs, did math, and deleted that data months ago.

If you want to do sloppy math on tooltips and submit them as proof, feel free.

If you want to post a build with parses, then allow me to attempt to beat that build and provide parses, I first need you to give me something to work with.

Ball is in your court. What is the build you use that uses aux cannons that cannot be beat by a build using stronger weapons? Where is the parse? Provide that data and I can prove it wrong. Elsewise I can only prove that *I* do better with one weapon or the other. Give me the tools and I will gladly test this argument, not because I believe I'm right or to prove your wrong, simply because I am interested in what the math says and enjoy definitive answers.

You can rant all you want, but until you learn how to install a parser, its just ranting.
So you come on here trashing other people and then when you're asked to back up your talk you try to turn it around? Nice attempt at an evade. I've parsed my runs enough to know that a Vesta with aux cannons will outperform a Vesta with regular cannons on the basis that the added shield and engine power, coupled with max aux results in better longevity, better turn and more effective science powers.

No. We called you out. You're not prepared to show your hand. In poker, that equates to you folding.

Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,062
# 44
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Never said it didn't work, in fact if you bothered to actually read my posts I said they were adequate.

I then went on to clarify this was from a min maxers perspective, and quite clearly explained the reasons.

I was then insulted and berated, all for trying to be like, "Look man, its no big deal, you grow past these weapons anyway" any now I have 2 jerks questioning my entire credibility, all due to their poor reading comprehension.

Yeah... Teaches me to try and help.

If this is how you talk to all the ladies, I no longer wonder why Trekkies have a stereotype of virginity...
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 03-28-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
# 45
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Never said it didn't work, in fact if you bothered to actually read my posts I said they were adequate.
And yet you've never discussed a 'superior' setup other than the simplest one available - dump some regular weapons in there and crank Weapons power to 125. I've merely pointed out that there's ways of getting more out of these than you've given them credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I then went on to clarify this was from a min maxers perspective, and quite clearly explained the reasons.
As a 'min maxer' you should know how far you can push power levels using skill points, Boffs and equipment/consoles - following this route makes the Aux DHCs extremely viable - but you already knew that didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I was then insulted and berated, all for trying to be like, "Look man, its no big deal, you grow past these weapons anyway" any now I have 2 jerks questioning my entire credibility, all due to their poor reading comprehension.
I've never once 'insulted and berated' you but thanks for the unwarranted insults, you're a real peach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Yeah... Teaches me to try and help.
There's a difference between helping and stating your opinions as fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
If this is how you talk to all the ladies, I no longer wonder why Trekkies have a stereotype of virginity...
Cute. But believe it or not, you're not the only girl on this forum
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,330
# 46
03-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Never said it didn't work, in fact if you bothered to actually read my posts I said they were adequate.

I then went on to clarify this was from a min maxers perspective, and quite clearly explained the reasons.

I was then insulted and berated, all for trying to be like, "Look man, its no big deal, you grow past these weapons anyway" any now I have 2 jerks questioning my entire credibility, all due to their poor reading comprehension.

Yeah... Teaches me to try and help.

If this is how you talk to all the ladies, I no longer wonder why Trekkies have a stereotype of virginity...
So you start posting by saying anything you can do I can do better and you call this helping. We clearly have different definitions of help.

What on Earth does your gender have to do with anything related to aux cannons or this thread? And virginity? How does that tie in to any of this? Why bring any of that up? Quite frankly, your gender and/or sexuality is irrelevant. Your attitude and one-upmanship, however, is not.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,062
# 47
03-28-2013, 02:59 PM
None of that started until after you all started saying my ego wasn't evolved. Pay attention to the chain of events.

My first posts clearly explained why I didn't think the aux cannons needed reverted, and why I say others are better, in ways that were clearly meant to be helpful. You came in looking for conflict. I was trying to be nice.

Thanks, meanie.
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,030
# 48
03-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Nope. The first stone thrown in the thread was you attempting to address others as if they were none-too-bright students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I don't use the aux cannons on my Vesta. There is a reason. You're half way there already.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,062
# 49
03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
How, exactly, by saying IMO who cares?

Wow, the skin is thin around these parts.
Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
# 50
03-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
How, exactly, by saying IMO who cares?

Wow, the skin is thin around these parts.
Lol! The only thin skin around here is yours - you misguidedly stated opinion as fact and when myself and others offered an alternative perspective, you went on the defensive.

No one's attacking you (at least they weren't anyway) - just offering a different point of view that doesn't necessarily agree with yours.

We can still do that here right?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 AM.