Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,234
# 51
03-28-2013, 04:19 PM
I wasn't attacked when I was told, "Whether it's a "big deal" or not is a matter of opinion. If you had a fully formed ego you'd know this"?

Yeah... whatever... thanks for it. I was trying to help... Way to go.

I did denote it as a matter of opinion... first letters of the line... IMO...

Thanks... I'll remember that next time somebody asks for help.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,647
# 52
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
And with no batteries I build my vesta, and my atrox both, to have both 125 aux and 125 wep, so I'm not certain your pride... Or your point? And I haven't skimped on shield power either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Great, you do that, I'll out perform you, and giggle, and you won't listen or learn, like most of the people out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Ok, I'll just let somebody who admits that they don't run a log parser pretend they understand the numbers better then me...

Humans... I swear...
I got fed up with the attitude after you had posted these. I made this known at post #28 in this thread.

I value the opinions of people when they're not holier than thou or confrontational.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,234
# 53
03-28-2013, 04:26 PM
And I was attacked long before any of those posts, thanks. Dish it out but can't take it? I see.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
# 54
03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I wasn't attacked when I was told, "Whether it's a "big deal" or not is a matter of opinion. If you had a fully formed ego you'd know this"?

Yeah... whatever... thanks for it. I was trying to help... Way to go.
Which was chuckingram's comment - one of only two posts he's made in this thread in fact so I'd suggest you direct your ire at him rather than me - I just wanted to present a different point-of-view on how to use these weapons in a very effective fashion - one that you dismissed out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I did denote it as a matter of opinion... first letters of the line... IMO...
And then went on to tell me that I was wrong because of all these tests and parses you've done when in fact, I'm not wrong - it's really very simple and honestly, I think the reason you thought the Aux DHCs were 'starter weapons' is because it never occurred to you that you might actually be able to 'min max' a Captain and Ship around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Thanks... I'll remember that next time somebody asks for help.
Perhaps the next time someone asks for help, you might be open-minded enough to accept that other people may have found other ways around the issues you weren't able to? You might even find it interesting.

Last edited by brataccas; 03-28-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,234
# 55
03-28-2013, 04:35 PM
I in fact do and would, it is the essence of learning, if I wasn't dealing with a crowd of people ganging up on me with somebody who just told me my ego wasn't formed because I was trying to help somebody.

If you don't want to be judged by the company you keep, keep better company.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,647
# 56
03-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
And I was attacked long before any of those posts, thanks. Dish it out but can't take it? I see.
No, it's not a case of not being able to take it at all. I have been very patient in this thread. I also have no wish for confrontation.

So.

Hello, my name is Darramouss, let's start again without ANY hostility from either side.

My point that I originally wanted to query (aux cannons being affected by both eapons and aux power levels) has been answered. Thank you.

Further to that, I don't agree that they should be. The cannons get their power from the aux system. To my mind if the aux system is feeding them power then they should be firing.

Yes, people may argue that if weapons are down then targeting should be down, hence no aux cannons. I woud argue against this point on the basis that you are still able to fire and hit with abilities like the deflector beam or graviton pulse, both of which are deflector abilities, when weapons are down.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,234
# 57
03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
/em salute

I agree, and I'm sorry for that hideous display of agression.

I can go either way on the issue, but I do understand the reasoning. If aux cannons are not affected by the weapons subsystem going out then there is no way to really lock down a Vesta.

Could it be ok? I think it probably could stand. They are only DHCs in aux, so you can just get out of the way. Hell, disabling engines might be a better way to handle it in the first place =P.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
# 58
03-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Further to that, I don't agree that they should be. The cannons get their power from the aux system. To my mind if the aux system is feeding them power then they should be firing.

Yes, people may argue that if weapons are down then targeting should be down, hence no aux cannons. I woud argue against this point on the basis that you are still able to fire and hit with abilities like the deflector beam or graviton pulse, both of which are deflector abilities, when weapons are down.
I'd like them to carry on firing whilst weapons are disabled but I accept that they don't - it's kind of a Catch 22 - effects that disable weapons should disable the Vesta's weapons (irrespective of what they are) and likewise, effects that disable Aux should disable Aux.

Aux DHCs give you the opportunity to do something that you can't do in any other ship - run continuous high-Aux for Sci skills and heals and do more DPS than any other ship running high-Aux can do - that's the trade-off and for the most part I'm Ok with.

(Until my Aux goes offline and my weapons stop firing lol!)

Last edited by brataccas; 03-28-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,647
# 59
03-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
/em salute

I agree, and I'm sorry for that hideous display of agression.

I can go either way on the issue, but I do understand the reasoning. If aux cannons are not affected by the weapons subsystem going out then there is no way to really lock down a Vesta.

Could it be ok? I think it probably could stand. They are only DHCs in aux, so you can just get out of the way. Hell, disabling engines might be a better way to handle it in the first place =P.
Bygones and all. I think everyone in this thread should follow our example. Life is too short to argue.

If you knock the aux system offline then you cripple weapons AND sci output. I'd go so far to say that that is more damaging than a sci ship with regular weapons. On a sci ship with regular weapons if you know aux offline it can still fire. If you knock weapons it still has sci abilities.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,234
# 60
03-28-2013, 04:49 PM
And this is the core of the real reason why I don't use my aux cannons. I stand by my numbers (Tho I am perfectly willing to accept new numbers) but the core of it started when I realized I was really getting pounded hard by disables.

At least running wep DHC target aux leaves my weapons up, and if I'm under a viral matrix then either my aux or wep is up, I'm not totally dead in the water thru *BOTH* phases of VM.

That and they were eating my aux when they fired. You can get around that with using only 1, tho.

End of the day, it was a lot of hassle. Then I got DHCs that did better on their worst day then my aux cannons did on their best.

I simply out grew them.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 PM.