Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 332
I don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes.

How will a Romulan fleet be based???? A starbase like the feds and klingons have,or a base on planet???
Looking at D'tan and New romulus,it makes me think that the fleet will be planet based.
If so, that will be awesome,and a nice change to starbases.
Perhaps its wishful thinking, i don't know.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,704
# 2
03-28-2013, 09:27 AM
I doubt it. For one, the terminology used suggests that the new faction is not New Romulus, but an entirely new faction. The text suggests it's a revolutionary/loyalist (depending on whether you consider the Empress or the dissolved senate to be the more legitimate government) faction inside the empire, not a separatist faction outside it. So they'd still have an embassy and NR reputation and such.

Also, remember that fleet events are pretty much direct copy/paste between factions. Federation defends their starbase, Klingons defend their starbase, Romulans will defend theirs in a pretty much identical fashion.


Not only would a ground main base end up requiring more maps and preclude recycling existing fleet alert/defense/blockade missions, it would also mean that the Romulan equivalents would be ground missions. And we all know how popular those are in STO. Alternately, having the ground base and an exterior only station for the events just sounds like it's unnecessarily discontinuous.

Last edited by hevach; 03-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 3
03-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I doubt it. For one, the terminology used suggests that the new faction is not New Romulus, but an entirely new faction. The text suggests it's a revolutionary/loyalist (depending on whether you consider the Empress or the dissolved senate to be the more legitimate government) faction inside the empire, not a separatist faction outside it. So they'd still have an embassy and NR reputation and such.

Also, remember that fleet events are pretty much direct copy/paste between factions. Federation defends their starbase, Klingons defend their starbase, Romulans will defend theirs in a pretty much identical fashion.


Not only would a ground main base end up requiring more maps and preclude recycling existing fleet alert/defense/blockade missions, it would also mean that the Romulan equivalents would be ground missions. And we all know how popular those are in STO.
The Romulan Rep missions flat out say several months have passed on New Romulus. I don't see it being unlikely they could have formalized their standing and declared themselves as a new sovereign state known as the Romulan Republic.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,640
# 4
03-28-2013, 10:51 AM
If there is a Romulan base of operations, it will most likely be based on Narendra along with the new adventure zone.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 941
# 5
03-28-2013, 11:48 AM
I tend to think of New Romulus as being more like Nukara or Bajor - just a planet with non-factional mission content and not as some capital or home planet of a faction.

The "new" Romulan faction capital or home planet should be in it's own sector just as Earth and Qo'nos are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
If there is a Romulan base of operations, it will most likely be based on Narendra along with the new adventure zone.
Narendra is going to be another mission system so it can not serve as a base of operations for the Romulan faction.

Last edited by pyryck; 03-28-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 886
# 6
03-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The Romulan Rep missions flat out say several months have passed on New Romulus. I don't see it being unlikely they could have formalized their standing and declared themselves as a new sovereign state known as the Romulan Republic.
Other then every other bit of information listing them as calling themselves The New Romulan Empire. yes, you are right, there is nothing to stop them from calling themselves the Romulan Republic.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 7
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
The New Romulan Empire.
I have not heard that term. Could you point to where its specifically called out?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 523
# 8
03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The Romulan Rep missions flat out say several months have passed on New Romulus. I don't see it being unlikely they could have formalized their standing and declared themselves as a new sovereign state known as the Romulan Republic.
Yeah, it's possible they could do it that way. But that would mean removing a goodly chunk of end game for the third faction...

edit;

Actually, on second thought, not really. Change some quest text and all of that content could be building prestige with your own people.

Last edited by jermbot; 03-28-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 523
# 9
03-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Other then every other bit of information listing them as calling themselves The New Romulan Empire. yes, you are right, there is nothing to stop them from calling themselves the Romulan Republic.
Quote:
Play as a Romulan

Play as a Romulan or Reman and immerse yourself in new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view
Quote:
Start as any Faction

Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.
What you talking bout Willis?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 10
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes.

How will a Romulan fleet be based???? A starbase like the feds and klingons have,or a base on planet???
Looking at D'tan and New romulus,it makes me think that the fleet will be planet based.
If so, that will be awesome,and a nice change to starbases.
Perhaps its wishful thinking, i don't know.
Right now who knows. I could see it as a plantary Starbase. That or the Federation gives up Starbase 123 for the Romulans to use (doesn't make sense why it's in Romulan Space in the First place).


And in another post, I was hoping Cryptic would take a different approach and have the Romulan community build the Mol'Rihan Spacedock (Romulan ESD) above Mol'Rihan as a type of community Starbase, intead of a Fleet Starbase.

Personally, still would like such a community effort to be implemented instead of more Fleet Starbases. Especially if the population dwindles like the KDF for the Romulans after 6 months.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 PM.