Empire Veteran
# 61
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm not tech support or anything, so don't assume this will fix your mouse woes, but I'm gonna try a few suggestions anyway...

1) Do you guys launch the game in Admin mode?

2) What happens if you try Alt-Tabbing to your desktop (or another program) and then tabbing back to STO?

3) How about Alt-Enter?

Any of those help at all?
admin mode? never heard of that. i did alt tabing back and forth, ending the game process was the only way to quit the game because not even the back button worked. the curser is the same as desktop, its not changeing to the one you are supposed to have in game. alt enter did nothing.

its like something else is layered over the character select screen, and i cant get past it no mater what i try. is there a file for the entire tribble patch i could find and delete so it could re download? maybe that would help.

one of my characters, and a few in that other guy's picture didn't load right. maybe they are bugged, and deleting them would fix this? forum handle and character handle are the same for me
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
03-28-2013, 04:58 PM
couple chat bugs...I can't change chat channels in the tabs on my fed toon. I can change tabs which changes channels, but can't change channels in the tab. difficult when your chat is set to team, but you arn't on a team. On my kdf, I have no option to chat at all. Can't type anything into the chat box. There is nothing there for me to even click into to chat.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
I have the same problem but my charactor is fed, so it isnt only just a kdf problem, None of the buttons are pushable and my curser looks like the curser from my desktop

Pic Of the Charactor Selection Screen
wouldn't it be great if we could play too
I'm in the same boat as the above posters. No button response and similar screen appearance.
Also None of borticuscryptic's suggestions worked either. I was actually Alt-Tabbing and had a couple of other programs running while composing this reply.

If it helps any:
XP Pro SP3 w/Current Updates, I believe.
Intel Core 2Duo 6600 CPU
GeForce GTS 450 (306.81 Drivers)
2GB Memory

Thank you for the time...
CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content
Career Officer
# 64
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Here are my very general comments:

1 - I would really like to see something done with the power icons, even coloring them red - tac, blue - sci, yellow - engy, and green - other would really make things pop out much better.

2 - The weapons, shield/crew, ship energy, and throttle are still shapes that really do not fit together well to form a UI unit. They still do not look good as it. There should be a way to "jig saw" them much better. I think the shapes fit together much better before.

3 - Maybe this is just the Tribble server but it seems the UI is even more laggy that it used to be and pieces load slowly.
Commander
# 65
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymersto View Post
I'm in the same boat as the above posters. No button response and similar screen appearance.
Also None of borticuscryptic's suggestions worked either. I was actually Alt-Tabbing and had a couple of other programs running while composing this reply.

If it helps any:
XP Pro SP3 w/Current Updates, I believe.
Intel Core 2Duo 6600 CPU
GeForce GTS 450 (306.81 Drivers)
2GB Memory

Another with the mouse issues.

If I launch gameclient.exe without the launcher then I can type into the username box, I can't delete, move boxes or use the mouse still although the mouse changes to the usual cursor.

I don't know if that will help but it's there if it does.
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its like something else is layered over the character select screen, and i cant get past it no mater what i try. is there a file for the entire tribble patch i could find and delete so it could re download? maybe that would help.

After some attempts on a second rig (with slightly older specs then my own) and having my GF log into her account (She doesn't have anyone on Tribble right now), I seem to come to the same conclusion. It's like there is a Overlay that isn't loading properly.

And just to reiterate, none of borticuscryptic's suggestions worked at all.

CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 67
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Tribble character transfers are working once again. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 68
03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Can anyone of you make a video of the new ui and post the YT link here?

Vereniging van Vloten: De Verdedigers, Gathering of Tweakers & Ariesfleet en Heroes of Qo'nos
Dont Mess with the Dutch Assassin
Steam user for life Say No to ARC
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Tribble character transfers are working once again. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Any info on the bug i am having?
I still cant get past the character selection screen.

I also was able to re-download tribble by deleting the tribble folder and letting the launcher re-download the files (tribble files are contained in \Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Playtest) but this also had no effect, now i cant get past the "Adjust your monitor settings...." screen, it wont let me hit ok, so im still at a loss :'(
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 70
03-28-2013, 06:47 PM
The new UI style has finally the star trek feel