Captain
# 81
03-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[list][*]Updated the Display Names for many Romulan Ship NPCs.
  • Changed the prefix for Romulan ship types to I.R.W.
Not sure exactly what this means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[list][*]Captains can now choose to remove the "U.S.S./I.K.S" prefix from certain starships and shuttles in the Rename Starship interface.[list][*]This option is available for the following ships:
  • NX Class starship
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-28-2013, 08:28 PM
the ui doesnt even look right in my opinion. it seems way too much of u playing thru a console of a ship more than anything and the computer that that console is hooked up to is generating a funky version of an ui and it not looking appealing at all
Captain
# 83
03-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
um if I understand the skill correctly if you are damage or the less health you have the more damage you deal with go down fighting so all in all its not broke in fact its prolly better this way
The difference being now you need to be below a set percentage of health to use it.

Basically, they did the exact same thing to GDF that was done to Ramming Speed and Abandon Ship.

When was the last time you ever saw the latter used?
Captain
# 84
03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
A couple of comments:

1. The icons for almost all abilities and items are missing.

2. Too much transparency: The UI elements from different windows overlap making things hard to read and distinguish.

3. The character in the tailor is too dark: it looks as though it's under a shadow. (I have low graphics settings. I didn't play around with different settings, but you should really test the new UI under low graphics settings before it goes Holodeck.)

4. I don't like how you removed the bars from the sliders in the tailor. It makes it difficult to compare settings across characters. It would be helpful to show a number for each setting and add a text box so that the field can be input numerically.

5. Basic body variants are still broken in the tailor.

6. The mouseover tooltip for the different classes has been changed to the following:

Engineering: Tank
Medical: Healer
Tactical: DPS

Whether that is the intention of those classes or not, the only description that fits nowadays is for tactical. First, there is the a distinction between space and ground. In space, cruisers make better healers than science ships (except for carriers). On the ground, engineers heal shields and science officers heal health. A science officer healing himself can often tank better than an engineer healing his own shields. It is also the opinion of many people that tanking is not required for most content. Keeping the above descriptions for the different classes will only serve to confuse new players.

Last edited by frtoaster; 03-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Captain
# 85
03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
the ui doesnt even look right in my opinion. it seems way too much of u playing thru a console of a ship more than anything and the computer that that console is hooked up to is generating a funky version of an ui and it not looking appealing at all
thats the same UI with a new skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
A couple of comments:

1. The icons for almost all abilities and items are missing.

2. Too much transparency: The UI elements from different windows overlap making things hard to read and distinguish.
1.Not in my game.The boffs from my ship were missing but I changed my ships and now all powers are back in their place.Even keybinds still work.

2.There is no transparency in my game
Captain
# 86
03-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The Green/White/Orange targetting reticules is much appreciated.
Agreed. The Orange for friendlies and Yellow for enemies on KDF side made it hard to tell which was which due to the low contrast between the colors (especially for color-blind people).
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Captain
# 87
03-28-2013, 09:17 PM
I have to agree, the transparency is beautiful to a degree, but there needs to be shading so one can differentiate what you're looking at. I spent five minutes hunting through the options for an opacity slider.

The Aeroglass look is gorgeous and lets you see more of the screen, but at the moment it's WAY too transparent. I had issues reading everything.

I am also not seeing any icons in inventory, trays, or anywhere else.

I would also like to see the bars back on the sliders in the character creator, I use those for guidelines.

I also love the widescreen view of officers in the dialogue screen, nice touch

I did have an issue of when dialogue boxes popped up the chat box also popped up, because the NPC was speaking. Rather annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
so are romulan npc ships using disruptors, with this new half shield half hull debuff, or 'romulan plasma' weapons now?

that half hull, half shield debuff sounds like a romulan elite fleet weapon to me.

personally, i think plasma weapons, or the 'romulan plasma' with the disrupter proc should be the romulan energy type. in cannon i doubt they have the same type of disruptors as klingons, in game that could just be represented as plasma weapons.

i wanna see this UI! and see these rom NPCs for my self. put the d'deridex defender back in too! an npc that actually acted like a player ship, sorta
Worf: The burns are from Type 3 disruptors.
Riker: Great. That narrows it down to Romulan, Breen, and Klingon.
~Star Trek: Generations.

In canon Romulans use disruptors and Plasma torpedoes. That said, I agree, all Romulan ships should use the hybrid plasma disruptor weapons, it's only logical.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Empire Veteran
# 88
03-28-2013, 09:36 PM
i was able to transfer a character, butthe character select screen is still totally click proof. REALLY wanted to check this stuff out too
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 89
03-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammoorey View Post
This fab! Especially love the removal of USS from an NX class - could we also have the registry reduced to 2 digits? Would be fabulous!
I would love to see this. And 4 digits for the TOS Connie as well.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 90
03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
thats the same UI with a new skin.

1.Not in my game.The boffs from my ship were missing but I changed my ships and now all powers are back in their place.Even keybinds still work.

2.There is no transparency in my game
The powers are there and the keybinds work, but I can't see the icons. Also, every window is transparent for me. I can literally see through them to my character or ship. I think a lot of things are basically broken for people with low graphics settings.