Career Officer
# 121
05-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
And to be completely honest? Romulan and Tholian rep are HARDER to grind than Omega, because STFs are easier, faster, and more fun than the comparative missions and zones for Romulan and Tholian rep..
Emphasis mine

This is key. Romulan rep was an incredible chore to do because it was mostly boring. The one highlight was the space alerts that are STILL bugged so that when you get there... its all empty and you warp out. But even that's only a fraction as interesting as the STFs were (and can be depending on the pug).

No one would really care if the Tholian rep gave out terrible or mediocre stuff if there were quality STFs tied to them. Instead we're asked to grind Nukara, the Tau Dewa bugged alert, azure neb, and the vault all over again.... Bort, please let the guys in charge know... we NEED more fun STFs. Hive was alright but we NEED MORE! And we need them ASAP!

I'm sorry but man, its not hard to figure this stuff out. Other games have endgame content as well as rep grinds. Why is it in STO its thought to be ok to forego the interesting, meaty part of the endgame and only put out the daily grind reputations? It'd be like WOW keeping its dailies but dropping its raids. I understand they're hard to do and aren't directly tied to a revenue generator for Cryptic but you HAVE to convince the guys upstairs that STFs are needed. And they are needed now.

Edit: Mine Trap was the best way to get Rom marks, but much like the Base Incursion it gets old really fast if that's the one fun way to get marks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 05-04-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Captain
# 122
05-04-2013, 01:18 AM
One quick note about why STF > FUN then say Azure Nebula.

Rising Tension

Seriously the pacing itself is sooo much better in STFs than any other content in the game. Which is why they are so much freaking fun. It is not rocket science.

The original 3 STFs start out at a low level of tension with the opening battle. Then the tension goes up/down/up/down as you progress fighting against the clock. Finally the climax of the boss battle happens although that point varies slightly as I'd say CSE's boss is the 3 neg'var or raptor spawns the carrier at the end is a wind down.

But yeah aside from being DPS fests the STFs have amazing design when it comes to tension. Have your writer assist you in that if needed as I'm sure she has a better understanding of the concept that your content team (no offense intended).
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Captain
# 123
05-04-2013, 03:18 AM
I don't know if this has been said or suggested but perhaps the people that bought the crystalline set upgrade should be refunded (or partially) the lobi crystals.

No I don't have the upgraded set but all things considered I'd be pretty cheesed off if I knew items from the lobi store which we thought were unique were just going to get given away by doing the rep.

It's also worth mentioning how this will affect future sales of items on the lobi store. This isn't encouraging me to purchase something with lobi crystals from the store if there's a chance the item will make it's way into a rep system. I know I won't be buying more than the 1 Jem Hadar space set upgrade because of this and considering the cost in lobi crystals (which earns cryptic money) I won't be happy if a dominion ("Gamma quadrant rep" sounds better) rep comes out and gives away mk XII sets.

Edit: Also in regards to the above STF thing. We need more missions but dev team is swamped with other stuff. So run competitions every 2 month for people to create an STF like mission in the foundry. Winner gets it made into a real mission and 10 masterkeys. The outline, most of the dialogue and way it works as well as novel ideas would spring up very quickly and may cut the development time down considerably.

Last edited by bpharma; 05-04-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Captain
# 124
05-04-2013, 03:32 AM
I have to wonder 2 things:

Why resilient shields again ?

Why does the T4 rep power give shield performance bonus ? which is rather useless, instead something more useful like shield emmiters ?
Commander
# 125
05-04-2013, 04:00 AM
space combat.
This rep needs plenty space combat.

Ground combat is not fun, will never be fun and you cannot honestly tell me its difficult to whip up some missions ala romulan daily....
Captain
# 126
05-04-2013, 04:50 AM
I'm sorry if this was mentioned already (my eyes are closing and the bed's shouting at me), but I wanted to point out something that I found to be kind of funny in regard to the Web Mines. When they expire...they shoot out huge blinding lines in all directions. Anybody else notice that? I was dropping them on the Borg in Ker'rat and it was kind of trippy...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 127
05-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Nukara missions will now award Nukara Strike Force marks.
- Generally 5 for easy missions, 10 for medium, 15 for hard, with bonus marks during reputation event time.
Quote:
Nukara mission rewards have been updated.
Update the Tholian Equipment Requisition packs received as rewards for completing missions on Nukara
Standard: 75% Green item, 25% Blue item
Advanced: 50% Green item, 50% Blue item
Elite: Both a Green and a Blue item
All very rare (purple) and set items have been removed from these packs, and can now be earned by progressing in the Nukara Strike Force Reputation.
These rewards are way too low to hold any interest.

Easy missions are not worth doing at all, same goes for Medium Interior missions. Both are tedious and take too long to complete.
Medium Exterior missions are doable, but offer too little reward to complete a single project at T2+, unless you run them several times (not difficult except for the timer). Doing both DAILY Hard missions will not be enough to complete a single T4 project.
Not to mention the grind for the equipment projects (500 Marks for a Mk XII space weapon or set piece, 250 for a Mk XII store unlock + the Dilithium costs). Oh, and there are no Dilithium rewards, except for the "homicidal rampage" mission (640 Dil).

The change with the reward packs... kills them except as a minor source of EC.
Green items are straight to vendor trash. I have not seen anything except EV suits in these (green) packs, and when Nukara was first released these suits were selling at less than 50% price . Blue items may or may not be worth keeping/selling, most likely they're going to vendors as well. Most likely you don't make enough EC to cover the costs of the consumables you spend in those missions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 128
05-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, I hadn't seen this thread about a week ago when I made mine about Rep feedback, but I did the math assuming that the space missions would give out marks comparable to a Normal STF. Check it out.
"That hurts worse than the uniform." - Dr. McCoy on the Vulcan salute
"On Vulcan, the teddy bears are alive. And they have six-inch fangs." - Spock on sehlats
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Has there been anymore info gleamed about the Refracting Tet weapons? Is the proc similar to a chain attack? That's what it seems like judging by the name. Is the Tet proc or base damage increased at all from conventional tet weapons?

When I first heard about the Tholian Reputation, my hope was we were going to get the Phased Tet weapons Tholians use and were previously available in the Tholian loxboxes. They are my favorite hybrid Weapons (and second to me in-game only to Elite Fleet Weapons). I used to fly a Tac Oddy w/ full Mk XII (Acc)x2 beams. Now, however, I fly a FHEC and the exchange prices for Phased Tet cannons are waaaayyyyy too high BC of dwindled supplies to equip.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for Tholian lockboxes to drop again, unless these Refracting Tet's change my mind.
Commander
# 130
05-05-2013, 08:46 PM
As far as the Tholian rep system; please for the love of god make a tholian space STF normal AND elite.
did omega rep on all my toons; did romulun on 2 the rest stopped around T3 and I have no interest in picking it back up. If Tholian rep gain options is anything like currently on Tribble I might might complete it on my main.

I assume having daily wrappers and time gating rep gain is to incentivize people to log in every day however if the content is so boring ones eyes bleed, they may just move on

EDIT: A noticeable portion of your player base absolutely detests the ground systems in this game, stop forcing them to do it for what amounts to chump change.

Last edited by daskippa; 05-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.