Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
I have bought zen a few times and everyone who has knows about the waiting period. But no one has ever told me why there is a review period. WHY? I can't wrap my mind around this. So, someone buys $30 bucks worth of zen, once you do it goes in to review / wait possibly till the next day for it to go through. What is PWE doing while its being reviewed? And what has to be reviewed? When I swipe my card anywhere it goes through automatically. I have never used this word before because Its a dumb word to me. But it describes thier system right, it is assinine. Seriously, I want to buy stupid zen and immediatly be able to spend it, not wait 10 minutes much less 24 hours !
Career Officer
# 2
03-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Try waiting a week, like I had to when I bought $50 USD worth, 2 weeks ago.

And, this is by far, NOT the first time I've purchased zen.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 3
03-28-2013, 04:45 PM
There's a lot of credit card fraud in gaming - especially in international gaming when you're dealing with Asian players. Skrill tends to take a day or more to verify the balance on first or larger purchases. This gives the cc holder an opportunity to dispute the bill in case it is fraudulent.

Using Paypal will speed up the process, as it goes through various verifications between Skrill and Paypal.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 03-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 4 Bank
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Actually it might be your bank that is causing the delay. Mine has what they call "account Guard", which monitors all my ATM/Debit/Credit transactions, if anything trips the programs filters it stops all transactions and then they notify me by email and phone.

And PWE/Moneybookers has some problems with that kind of system. I had to tell my bank to take PWE off the monitoring list, no problems since. Just an FYI for you.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
03-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Steam and paypal purchases are immediate, if anyone's wondering.
Career Officer
# 6
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllyraen View Post
Steam and paypal purchases are immediate, if anyone's wondering.
Maybe with Steam.. but, the purchase that I talk about earlier in this thread.. where I bought $50 worth of zen, and waited a week for approval...

was made through paypal. So, not all paypal purchases are created equal.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 7
03-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixhex View Post
. . .
Rixty & PayPal work immediately for me.
Shop smart, shop "S" mart!
Career Officer
# 8
03-28-2013, 09:37 PM
I use Paypal. It's not always instant. Sometimes it's near enough to instant, sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes. Seems to depend on the time of day when I buy.
Career Officer
# 9
03-29-2013, 07:28 AM
I myself use the prepaid PWE game cards, purchased at my local Target store. The Zen is immediately available, and I avoid the 'foreign transaction' charge my financial institute places on Moneybookers transactions...
Career Officer
# 10 Skrill/Zen
03-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Well for me; Perfect World just shot themselves in the foot...
Try this email I just received from Skrill!

Dear *NAME*,

We thank you for choosing Skrill as your online payment processor.

Please read this email carefully as it contains instructions how to continue processing payments.

In order to comply with government regulations, we are required to obtain and record information and documentation that helps confirm your identity or provide additional information regarding your business.

As part of the verification procedure, your Skrill account has been temporarily restricted for outgoing payments.

In order to complete this verification and have the payment restrictions lifted, we hereby kindly ask you to send us a copy of the following documentation and information:

1) a colour copy (scan or a camera image) of both sides of your valid official identification document which must include a picture (for example, passport, passport card or driving licence) and

2) a copy of an address proof (scan or a camera image): a paper based document issued in the past 3 months showing your name and address printed on it (for example, a utility bill or a bank statement). Electronically issued documents and mobile phone service statements/bills cannot be used for verification purposes.

Please Note: Since we are legally required to confirm the details you have registered based on the documents you send, we ask you to provide us with clear and readable copies, in high resolution format. All four corners should be clearly visible and no parts of the document should have been hidden or otherwise altered. This will help us process this necessary verification much more quickly.

Please submit the requested documents to us-service@moneybookers.com.

Once the documents mentioned above have been received, the review of your account may take up to two business days. Once completed, you will receive an email confirmation that your account has been verified and restrictions lifted.

Please be advised that we are legally obliged to restrict your account and deny all payment services if abovementioned verification is not completed within 21 days of this notification.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Skrill Verifications

Skrill (Moneybookers) Security Reminders

Protect Your Password
Skrill (Moneybookers) and its representatives will NEVER ask you to reveal your password. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. If anyone asks for your password by phone or by email, or on any website other than moneybookers.com, refuse and immediately report this to security@moneybookers.com.

Access your account ONLY using the login link on the Moneybookers homepage
Please be advised that Skrill (Moneybookers) and its representatives will NEVER send you an email asking you to provide your login details within a form provided or to click on a hyperlink to access your account! Immediately report any incident to security@moneybookers.com.

Case Sensitive Login
Please make sure your password is longer than 8 characters and contains at least one number or non-alphabetic character such as '9','-' or '%'. It must also be unique to Moneybookers and should not be used elsewhere. Please remember your password is case-sensitive when re-entering it.

Moneybookers USA, Inc. 61 Broadway, Suite 1603, New York NY, 10006, USA.
? Copyright 2012 Moneybookers USA, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Reply: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER!!!!!
Closed Thread