Ensign
# 1 Regarding the HUD / UI
05-10-2013, 09:01 PM
The new character creation... is great!
The HUD... absolutely horrific! Plain and simple.

I did find how you change color of it... but how the heck does one change it back to the old interface????

"If it ain't broken....."
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-10-2013, 09:44 PM
To change the colors go to options near the bottom of the basic tab

As I understand it this one is replacing the old UI
Lieutenant
# 3
05-10-2013, 11:35 PM
I think the new HUD is vastly superior to the old one simple because the powers are now color coded.
Captain
# 4
05-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Give it time.. Change is a big, scary thing, but the new UI will grow on you after you give it a chance.
Starfleet Veteran
I vastly prefer the new interface and HUD, it is a welcome return to LCARS and as such adds an enjoyable layer to the game. It worked well in Bridge Commander and I was surprised that it was not the first choice for STO.
Captain
# 6
05-11-2013, 01:16 AM
The "Map" button really needs to be bigger .
I use that one a ton in space and right now it's both bigger and it slightly stands apart .
In the new UI it is smaller and I mis-click it a lot , as it does not stand apart .

Also , I would like to see a vertical row of slots added to the "grid" type power slots (both ground and space) .
With more powers that you can click-to-activate , this would be much appreciated .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 7
05-11-2013, 05:01 AM
i like the recent changes to the UI colors a lot, most of them are much better now..
although the changes were probably small they are much better now..

BUT

i'm a bit sad that this red alert thing is not an seperate option because the three "classic" styles are the ones i like most but they are exactly the ones without the red alert feature.. but otherwise its okay
Republic Veteran
# 8
05-11-2013, 05:07 AM
I'd have to disagree. The new UI is far superior to the old one. It looks more.. Trek.. to me. Much like the Facebook newsfeed you'll forget the old version in time.

@Captain_Shephard - Join Date Status: Assimilated - Twitter: @RogueJawa

Set your course and come chart a new adventure in Star Trek Online with Priority One.
Email us here to join the official fleet of STO's premier podcast.
Ensign
# 9 new hud
05-11-2013, 06:01 AM
The character status screen is to large and causes problems when trying to equip from inventory.

The idea is good but the execution needs some fine tuneing
Ensign
# 10 new hud configuration
05-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karree View Post
The character status screen is to large and causes problems when trying to equip from inventory.

The idea is good but the execution needs some fine tuneing
thank you for the hard work