Captain
# 121
03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
While we're mentioning little UI things like that and along the same lines, can we please execute those awful popups in Sirius sector block when you are minding your own business and then some trader you have no interest in pops up with I HAVE TO BE GOING NOW, because that would be swell.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 122
03-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticttc View Post
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a change of this magnitude would be quite controversial.

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone who loves and hates the new UI. I won't go into a lengthy treatise here about why it's LCARS or why it's so flat - you'll get a dev blog on that later. Some people love it, and some people hate it. That's to be expected. But there are definitely some things that need to be addressed, so I wanted to tell you that I am reading this thread very closely and go over a few things with you.

*Snip*

Thanks again for trying things out on Tribble and giving us your feedback!
Thanks for responding. Any info you can give players on missinng icon visuals?

I can get you screens of what I am talking about if necessary but This Thread in the bug forums pretty much has exactly what I am experiencing, and it is really game breaking at this point.
Career Officer
# 123
03-29-2013, 10:12 AM
I really like the new UI overall, however like many have pointed out it has a few rough edges and some windows are a tad oversized and get in the way.

Also having looked at the screen shots of the TNG and Voyager colour pallets I think there colours are a tad off when compared with the shows, though am sure you can get it right TTC as your awesome

Oh any chance of a colour pallet for Nemesis, as it was my favourite colour scheme and would match {UFP}'s website perfectly http://ufplanets.com/forum.php
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Dodgers-STO.png
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticttc View Post
Thanks again for trying things out on Tribble and giving us your feedback!
I haven't had the chance to look at it on Tribble but I like the screenshots. I'm always skeptical of attempts to make something look like LCARS and remain functional, but in this case it looks like a good balance has been struck.
SQUIRREL!
-----------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Sarcastic Venom Award!!!!
Bitter old mollusc since before the forum change.
Empire Veteran
# 125
03-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpdodgers View Post
I really like the new UI overall, however like many have pointed out it has a few rough edges and some windows are a tad oversized and get in the way.

Also having looked at the screen shots of the TNG and Voyager colour pallets I think there colours are a tad off when compared with the shows, though am sure you can get it right TTC as your awesome

Oh any chance of a colour pallet for Nemesis, as it was my favourite colour scheme and would match {UFP}'s website perfectly http://ufplanets.com/forum.php
ow that color scheme would be awesome
Lieutenant
# 126
03-29-2013, 10:18 AM
the one thing i ask is that u put an auxiliary button to the sub systems UI.
Lieutenant
# 127
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM
also is there anyway u can make so my bridge officers show up without the screen outline.
Ensign
# 128
03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
not a fan of the new ui, but i do like the viewscreen part when you're talking to people.
Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
Career Officer
# 129
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM
I actually like the new UI. It does certainly need some tweaking here and there, but it really grew on me.

I can only agree with the dev statement: Reset the UI options to default setting and then reorganize the UI. It does look a lot better after that, though it will take a couple of minutes to set up everything.

I'm particularily fond of the new color schemes: TNG and Voyager look very elegant. It will make playing a Klingon character much more attractive to me - I never felt comfortable with the red default KDF UI.

Anyway, just wanted to thank the Devs responsible for this change. Both for actually taking the time and for responding to the criticism so openly. Classy move.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Career Officer
# 130
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Give us the option to change our UI. Under General, put UI Option:

In the Toolip
FED Classic (blue UI we all know and love)
KDF Classic (Red UI we all hate)
Lcars (Black Bulk UI, no ones gonna like)

THERE ARE NO DRAWBACKS FOR ADDING THIS...

Make everyone happy, let us use our own UI...
I Agree on this. And would LOVE to revert back to the Classic/Current colors. I like the UI in some places:

1) Character Creation is spot on
2) Character and Ship Sheets (3d movement/model is always nice)
3) C-Store
4) Pop-Ups like Exchange etc

I don't like it in:
Action Bars
-Ground Action Bar is way to complex, the other way was easy to see and very simple.
-Space Action Bar is just god horrible. On Power Levels 2, there are way too many colors going on, I cant tell where the normal power level is and where the added warp core is. Shield level has 2 shades of green and makes it near impossible to tell which system is offline.
The black background really makes it hard to see where your icons are. I'll admit I should know where they all are, but some times when I'm getting attacked by say the gate in ISE and cube I panic and just suddenly forget that Miracle Worker is top left next to Engineering Team 3. I don't bother reading where the icons are, I just look for the picture and the new Space UI really makes this impossible. Not to mention, you really have to shrink down the UI in order to get everything on screen neatly.
Targets
Not sure if we already have the options to change this. I don't like seeing other Fed ships being Romulan Green. I Think all allies, even from KDF view, should be that nice blue we were used to, and enemies should be red...If It's Red it's dead!

Honestly, it seems to be that the UI is trying WAAAYY to hard to be Xperl

Last edited by anarric; 03-29-2013 at 10:50 AM.