Survivor of Remus
# 11
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
I know it can get complex, but honestly, Throwing players into a new UI, is not going to get Positive feedback, ull get a fair share of positive, then a Negative wave. Honestly, how much time is a completely new UI element added? It isn't added often enough to say having 4 UIs is unreasonable.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Too cartoonish and child game like, if you're going for a more LCARS style layout and appearance, you have A LOT of work to do.....

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Rihannsu
# 13
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Thomas, I really appreciate the work you have put into this UI. The current UI felt a little out of date. That being said, the UI could use some more rounded edges, and when the UI goes into "red alert mode" it should be slightly more red, and not as brown.

Thanks!
Ensign
# 14
03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
You people disgust me. You have nothing better to do but sit on your fat ass and crap on somebody else's hard work in total anonymity. I'm sure if people could see what your real lives were like we'd all get a good laugh. Next time look up the definition of constructive feedback instead of saying it looks like crap.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakkenn View Post
You people disgust me. You have nothing better to do but sit on your fat ass and crap on somebody else's hard work in total anonymity. I'm sure if people could see what your real lives were like we'd all get a good laugh. Next time look up the definition of constructive feedback instead of saying it looks like crap.
I'll have you know, my ass is not fat.
Rihannsu
# 16
03-28-2013, 04:09 PM
I cant agree its ugly. I for the most part like it. Its different and there are some areas that need work but the character creator looks fantastic, the character sheets all look very nice, the pop up windows are great.

The main HUD could use a little improving around the weapon sections and around the shield and power settings too but it looks much more like LCARS to me. It will take a little getting used to before people are comfortable with it, and we will have almost 2 months to go before its launched to make modifications and tweaks on something people have used for an hour compared to 3 years.

give it a little time to sink in.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 17
03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjkadfjkasf View Post
I'll have you know, my ass is not fat.
I can vouch for that, its rather lovely.

That being said, the UI takes up a conciderable amount of additional space, the icons are more difficult to decipher and the colours bleed together alot.

There needs to be more rounded edges, additional colours added rather than two tone, I.E not black on blue background.

Last edited by neotrident12; 03-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
I for one, much prefer the new UI
----
Captain
# 19
03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
It would be alot nicer imo if there was more color to the buttons of the interface. They have actually added a tiny bit of color to the ship power bars. I would really like it if there was more color for the mini map area and power trays and the shields area which i really would like that part to go from blue to full shields, down to orange for half strength shields to red to dangerously low (thomas if u see this try and get this in plz )

But yeah its still far too blue and not enough color. Also the blue seems quite dark which to me i quite liked the ui on holodeck because its bright and easy to see and use whereas the new one is very dark and i think i will genuinely struggled to use.

If cryptic really wanted a decent lcars UI i really wish they went and copied Birth of the federations ui because its the only one i think has ever worked as in looked lcars and was very easy to use and designed well for a game.
Ensign
# 20
03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
You guys are talking like there is a vote or something. This game is not a democracy,the UI IS changing. Also when you're crapping on the the changes try to think for a second that a real life human being has been busting their ass on this for us. So maybe try to keep it constructive.