Survivor of Romulus
# 201
03-30-2013, 12:02 PM
I have one suggestion that might mitigate a lot of the criticism of the new UI at a stroke.

Give us the option of remaining with the old UI as it currently is on holodeck. While the UI isn't perfect, the old UI is clearer than this new one, with less wasted space in UI elements and buttons that are easier to distinguish from each other, at a glance.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.

Last edited by captainoblivous; 03-30-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Lieutenant
# 202
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Fine: Comprise. We need an option to keep it as the current look as is. I wish we could keep the good updates from the new UI with out sacrificing what it looks like
" I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
Survivor of Romulus
# 203
03-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Will there be a Legacy section on the C-store page?
Captain
# 204
03-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
I have one suggestion that might mitigate a lot of the criticism of the new UI at a stroke.

Give us the option of remaining with the old UI as it currently is on holodeck. While the UI isn't perfect, the old UI is clearer than this new one, with less wasted space in UI elements and buttons that are easier to distinguish from each other, at a glance.
the old UI is the new UI with a different colour and less bloom (less bloom give better performance but most people dont pvp so dont give a damn about UI performance).I dont know how you cant distiguish .The old one had blue buttons on blue border and the new one has blue buttons on black border.How is blue on blue easier to distinguish than blue on black?

btw the original sto UI was more or like this one we have now.In beta sto had a UI very similar with what is now on tribble server ...no one complained about it but they changed it and when the game was released people start complaining about the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angarus1 View Post
Will there be a Legacy section on the C-store page?

there is no legacy tab on tribble.Only holodeck has that tab.If you want your red matter for example you have to import it with your toon.

Last edited by adrianm63; 03-30-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Commander
# 205
03-30-2013, 01:09 PM
My number one complaint about the new one is it is too bulky, it will cause problems for people with smaller screens, 17" and smaller and it will literally cover the screen, I like that it is partially see through but it doesn't make a difference during game play.

Address this issue and many people will come around and accept it or even like the new change.

Tested on my old Dell 17" LCD screen.
Captain
# 206
03-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
My number one complaint about the new one is it is too bulky, it will cause problems for people with smaller screens, 17" and smaller and it will literally cover the screen, I like that it is partially see through but it doesn't make a difference during game play.

Address this issue and many people will come around and accept it or even like the new change.

escape > options >basic>set UI scale > default is 1.00 ,set it for less .
Career Officer
# 207
03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
- the ability icons (tested on ground) are smaller, the wasted space around em increased.. give em back those few pixels they lost.

- the border around the abilities on the hotbar seem to bright, its eye catching and it shouldn't.

- the countdown timer on buffs in the target box is a bit to close to the buff icon now, its harder to read.

- the names above allies is now green.. blue was better readable, make it configurable.

Aside of that it seems to look good.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Lieutenant
# 208
03-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post

Corner to corner i use 15.6", and I can tell you that it wont make a difference. The Change will not be liked
" I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
Career Officer
# 209
03-30-2013, 02:36 PM
After spending some time interacting with the new LCARS UI interface--which, on the whole, offers the feeling of an authentic Starfleet computer interface--I have only one major concern to voice at this time. This regards the use of a viewscreen on the new communications pop-up interface. The shift from vertically shaped portraits of NPCs to horizontal portraits in the communication interface does not seem natural. In fact, it seems completely counter-intuitive.

Not only does the imposed viewscreen format zoom or distort the faces of the characters, it creates vast amounts of unnecessary space. Additionally, the layout of the necessary text below and the accompanying interactive buttons seems awkward. Their vertical relationship in the current system seems far more natural than placing them side-by-side.

Even from a logistical perspective, this set-up fails to make sense. Why are my bridge officers communicating with me via a viewscreen? Aren't they at their stations, on the bridge?!

This is the one element of the new interface I find the most difficult to accept and interact with. The current communication pop-up layout is more compact, more natural, and more aesthetically pleasing. I would hate to see the layout of our current communications screen replaced with the new one.
Captain
# 210
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekker22 View Post
The Change will not be liked
yes it will.