Survivor of Romulus
# 231
03-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I had that big bit of wasted space there too, until I hit F12 and resized the BOFF window so there wasn't.
"Resize" does not eliminate the wasted space. It literally just resizes the whole UI element, wasted space and all.

When will people get this into their heads?
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Republic Veteran
# 232
03-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
"Resize" does not eliminate the wasted space. It literally just resizes the whole UI element, wasted space and all.
Actually it does in this case with the BOFF tray, I just dragged the edge from the right to the left in the HUD editor, and it removed the black space on the right.

http://i.minus.com/ib1aPtq6EV0bdA.jpg

Last edited by tuskin67; 03-31-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 233
03-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Actually it does in this case with the BOFF tray, I just dragged the edge from the right to the left in the HUD editor, and it removed the black space on the right.
It didn't work for me or my friend, why is why I made that assertion in those terms
Likely a bug on our end then.

But still, why have the useless garnish in there anyway?
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Lieutenant
# 234
03-31-2013, 07:13 AM
I'd like to ask, what was wrong with the old Bridge Officer tray?

The extra black space around the Bridge Officer tray is not needed. Either make the old colored background behind the officer text transparent, or leave it black. But the area outside of that is extra, and unneeded.

Looking at http://i7.minus.com/ibsitFuxgyFCIt.jpg I notice the same extraneous blackness around the "Low Level Interaction" buttons.

Last edited by antrenos; 03-31-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 235
03-31-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
It didn't work for me or my friend, why is why I made that assertion in those terms
Likely a bug on our end then.

But still, why have the useless garnish in there anyway?
You were using the "F12" editor menu right? The one that makes all the menus green? You just grab the right edge and drag it. Probably take some trial and error.

Actually, its not useless, its there if you have more BOFF slots, lets say some how I had an extra Ensign Slot, it would have probably filled that spot.

On Holodeck the BOFF tray doesn't have a background, but that 'empty' area is still there, but you can't see it

Last edited by tuskin67; 03-31-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 236
03-31-2013, 08:34 AM
The GUI guy said, we should make pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/PEBip5i.png

EPS-GUI scoreboard

Hope it helps.
Lieutenant
# 237
03-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
The GUI guy said, we should make pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/PEBip5i.png

EPS-GUI scoreboard

Hope it helps.
I think overall the newer "black" UI is better, but it lacks the detail of some of the UI elements of the original. Your image above is a perfect example. I'll give a few suggestions:

- Move Save/Reload/Page buttons to left or right side of the main UI element
- Update Page button to actually look like the multi-Pages of the original
- Power Presets could do without the "arrow" effect on top, and a return to the double-arrow icon for "Speed"
- Make all Power levels the same color, with gradient (like the original).
- I'd suggest the Dark Blue for FED, Dark Red for KDF, Dark Green for ROM.
- Update "Engine" icon under the power bar, returning to the original icon with visible engines
- Update "Weapon" icon under the power bar, returning to the original icon

Last edited by antrenos; 03-31-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 238
03-31-2013, 09:48 AM
I also wonder if they're planning on changing the actual power icons to match the rest of the UI at some point? Currently they clash (at least colour wise) with the new simplified look of the LCARS UI.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Lieutenant
After hopping on Tribble I'm okay with the general changes. Some people will obviously oppose change, because change is bad or something.

First off, the new colors are gentler and more appealing, it also hails back to the "golden age" of Star Trek. However the UI is in need of some tweaking. The Ent-D bridge viewscreen works if you fly a ship with that bridge. However, my Sovy and Oddy would not use something that antiquated -- and I really hope the Klinks get the hexagonal or pentagonal viewscreens they're familiar with. I do also really appreciate the tone down on the reds for Klinks. However, the green is a bit odd to pair with reds, oranges, and yellows. I understand the change however. My only hope is that we can tweak the colors a bit.

SUGGESTION: Tie in, for the Federation, each Panel of the UI from Shield Distribution to Weapon Panel for more of LCARs'y feel. This may also help clear up the overlapping panels for some of us.

A tweak that has been unseen/unheard is the deal with Universal Slots. When we slot them they always appear on the far left of the BOff powers tray. What would be an improvement is them "slotting" into the correct category when we assign a BOff into them. I use a Lt. Cmdr. Engineer in my Oddy and they are separated from my Cmdr. Engineer. It would make it less of a hassle to relearn and keep track of these layouts when swapping ships to have the Universal Slots adjust per BOff assignment.

Other than that, at this time I don't have anything to add. It looks good from here, I expect the bugs to be worked out. A few more character change options would be nice (eye rotation, mouth curve, separate walk/stand animations, more stances and walks, etc.) but overall I'm okay with some changes.
Rihannsu
# 240
03-31-2013, 09:58 PM
After messing around with the new update for a little bit on both KDF side and Fed side (I had a character that got copied over when they update tribble with the new code)

Going into Combat on Fed side is cute with the UI changing to a Red out line.
KDF side how ever isn't even noticeable. I can kind of see it when it changes, but it's hardly discernible from the Fed side.

The UI It's self, while it does feel more streamlined in the Character info, and "Character sheet" or in some menu functions, looks absolutely Hideous in the Space/ground button section. It's even worse if you go to do something like change power settings. The old Lock buttons look almost unrecognizable as a locking mechanism to keep a power set locked while making adjustments. Things just need to be made clearer.

In the character select, there seemed to be issues with making an Alien. I was having a hard time adjusting and getting it to stay on any variation beyond it's Defaults.

Also I noticed, in the character select, when you put your mouse over the 3 different "Classes" of Engineer, Sci, or Tac, the Sci and Tac aren't exactly accurate parentheses descriptions. While on the ground a Sci can be a healer, an Engineer is hardly a tank. And these roles also change Dramatically in space. This is more of an observation. I'd almost call Engi more of a buffer/Debuffer.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku