# 241
03-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
The GUI guy said, we should make pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/PEBip5i.png

EPS-GUI scoreboard

Hope it helps.
I think the whole power level section thingy needs to be redesigned.In pvp people use to transfer power from wepoans to engines or shields and that box/buttons are simply to small and dont allow a easy way to change power levels (unless you keybind )

Last edited by adrianm63; 04-01-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 242
04-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Also I noticed, in the character select, when you put your mouse over the 3 different "Classes" of Engineer, Sci, or Tac, the Sci and Tac aren't exactly accurate parentheses descriptions. While on the ground a Sci can be a healer, an Engineer is hardly a tank. And these roles also change Dramatically in space. This is more of an observation. I'd almost call Engi more of a buffer/Debuffer.
Thing about the engineer is that it's easily the most viably diverse class. You can make them somewhat tanky (they used to be way, way tankier). You can also build them to be buffers/debuffers, shield healers, a pet class, or even mad bombers, and all of them work very well.

I would talk about class balance more extensively but that isn't the subject of this thread.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||

Last edited by commanderkassy; 04-01-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Rihannsu
# 243
04-01-2013, 04:55 AM
liking the new flat UI, looking forward to te opportunity to change colors, even if slightly, all by myself.

what i don't like is the geometry of some buttons.

Why just don't allow us to texture the stuff by modding?

Last edited by duaths1; 04-01-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Captain
# 244
04-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I for one, much prefer the new UI
The primary reason I haven't been playing KDF is entirely due to the red UI, a lot of people, myself included, get massive headaches from it, if it doesn't affect some that way good for them, but for me I prefer at least the direction the new UI is taking, for one thing I will not miss the neon glow of the previous UI. I don't much care for the burnt amber color of the KDF controls not so much for the color itself but for the poor level of contrast for any icon changes, ie arming weapons for autofire should show a visible green border in the button and enabling and disabling Boff ground abilities should be green or red but is currently subdued to the point of being nearly invisible with the amber buttons. I would recommend replacing the green border and Boff icon shading with some kind of border graphic that would be visible regardless of the button color, like a transparent chevron or x watermark that overlays the icon. That said, It is still a great improvement over the red on red with more red that KDF used to have.
I will agree though that this incarnation of the UI looks very primitive and incomplete, the detail and gradients of the live UI are all but missing in this version, the black backgrounds of the control boxes would not be my first choice and scaling the UI results in a poor looking display with missing borders. I would certainly hope that the finished version is going to offer us a selectable palette of colors or at the very least enough variety of premade templates to choose from.

Last edited by maxvitor; 04-01-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 245 The new UI
04-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I actually very much like the new UI.

Just please... PLEASE... put a lock option on the UI Windows so that I'm not dragging one of them across the screen. This one simple option is the only thing with the new or old UI that I would love to see.
Republic Veteran
# 246
04-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I as well feel the new UI is a bit too much like Champions Online's cartoonish UI. I think the current UI is fairly well done, it could use just a little bit of tweaking.
Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
Lt. Commander
# 247
04-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I think the new UI is looking good although it looks along way from being polished

There is one thing though, the chat section its a little hard to read the text of pm and general chat unless i change the colour of the wording to contrast the ui colour scene. I think it would be a good idea to make it easier for people to read chat with colours that can stand out aesthetically.
Lieutenant
# 248 new ui
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
The new UI is trying to be more like star trek and they are doing a good job on that. I think the colors could be better but the icons and the view screen when you do a mission is a good change
Career Officer
# 249
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I like the UI, however, I do have a minor issue with it. The transparency can be a little annoying when you have multiple windows open. I'd like to suggest that there be a "transparency" meter added to the options so that you can customize the transparency of a window. that was you can have windows that aren't as transparent as others.

Aside from that, I am loving what is looking to be a great update/expansion.
Lieutenant
# 250
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Would like to have the option to transparent the Icons from solid to transparent

Would like to have the option to search for individual items in the bags

Health bar could use some more work.

There is to much yellow mixed in with blue.