Lieutenant
# 321
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetsolvanguard View Post
Please Do not change it, you are going in the right direction. what you have on tribble as of today is perfect. Also please do away with the current holodeck UI completely.
Hey, take off your rubber helmet so you can actually see how terrible it looks.
Lieutenant
# 322
04-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I love the new UI. It's heads and shoulders better than the current UI which is horrible. The new UI actually looks like LCARS and the game actually looks like a Star Trek game now...
Take off your runner helmet as well, you obviously can not recognize low res textures.
Lt. Commander
# 323
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I wonder if it can be made to pulse like the red alert icon too?
Agh, no, I'd rather not have to forgo eating for an hour before playing.
SQUIRREL!
-----------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Sarcastic Venom Award!!!!
Bitter old mollusc since before the forum change.
Lieutenant
# 324
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Other then a few nitpicks I think the new UI looks pretty cool. Looks better then the old UI for sure. Touch up the res a bit, brighten up the Red alert color change etc.
Career Officer
# 325
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I wonder if it can be made to pulse like the red alert icon too?

Incidentally, I wish the in-game maps looked more like this as well: LCARS Stellar Cartography. Especially the little brackets around star systems, that would look a lot better than the white orbs we currently have.
That would be pretty cool. It doesn't look too bad mocked up quickly, badly and low-rez..

I'd like to see a map style update in the footsteps of the UI.
----

Last edited by brigadooom; 04-06-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Career Officer
# 326
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Agh, no, I'd rather not have to forgo eating for an hour before playing.
Point taken. Still think it should be a brighter red though.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Starfleet Veteran
# 327
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
The TNG and Voyager color schemes have the side effect of making pop-up buttons too bright to read easily.

For example, next to a Dabo Table the "Play Dabo!" button has white text on a pale yellow-y button that's so bright you can only barely see the words "Play Dabo!" if you look directly at it. Hovering your mouse over it is the only thing that lets you read the labels on the buttons.

Nitpick issue: Space UI has changed so much that my adjustments on Holodeck to work with both Fed and KDF BOFF slots has turned into a joke. Some of the UI widgets overlap each other now because their borders are a few pixels too wide. The Boff tray for example now takes two columns instead of one so my Power Tray overlaps it and hides a good few of my Boff lists. Yeah I could use the Power list key to slot my powers, but my method was easier and a bit faster than scrolling a box.
Captain
# 328
04-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopia254 View Post
Take off your runner helmet as well, you obviously can not recognize low res textures.
Well... I dont know what a "runner" helmet is... but, running I'm this game a 1920x1080... and the UI looks fantastic. There are some niggly little bits of the UI that still need work (the interact buttons primarily), but over all, the UI looks great.

The new Ship and Character status windows are great, I love being able to view my ships properly.

The majority of the new UI scheme is perfect, it just needs polish and touch ups. But there is nothing low res about it.

The current holodeck UI is atrocious, and I'm glad its being done away with. Thomas the cat has done a great job with the UI.
Survivor of Romulus
# 329
04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Well... I dont know what a "runner" helmet is... but, running I'm this game a 1920x1080... and the UI looks fantastic. There are some niggly little bits of the UI that still need work (the interact buttons primarily), but over all, the UI looks great.

The new Ship and Character status windows are great, I love being able to view my ships properly.

The majority of the new UI scheme is perfect, it just needs polish and touch ups. But there is nothing low res about it.

The current holodeck UI is atrocious, and I'm glad its being done away with. Thomas the cat has done a great job with the UI.
This sums up my thoughts as well. I find the new UI an incredible improvement on the UI we've had since launch. It's inspired, clean, concise, and intuitive given the complexities of an MMORPG. The color choices are great, too, and capture the Trek essence we've been missing in the UI until now.
Career Officer
# 330
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I like both the new and old UIs.

For the new though, I would scale back the border widths a bit. The overlapping is not really needed as it can get in the way of clicking powers, weapons, interactions, etc.

Allowing us to choose custom color pallets the way we can with clothing, hair colors, etc. would be nice so we can tailor it to our tastes. And having the preset ones is cool too.

Overall I do find it a bit darker though and reminds me of when Voyager would go to Red Alert, how the entire room goes dark and the buttons really stand out even though they are dimmed a bit also yet have lots of black around them.

For the ground UI, I'm 50/50 split on liking/hating the target windows... I find it a bit blocky, literally, lol!

Will there be transparency added in a later update?