Lieutenant
# 351
04-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I think it would be great to have your bridge's viewscreen. I don't have the Galaxy bridge on my ship, and I don't think it should look that way. It doesn't sound too hard to integrate (I think), and it would AWESOME to see that.

Really, really great stuff otherwise.
Career Officer
# 352
04-07-2013, 04:34 PM
For what it's worth, I do like the new UI; it does look a lot nicer and more Star Trek-y than the current one, but it is not without some flaws. For example, I found that scaling the UI to 0.81 at my current resolution (1366x768) made the dialogue pop up a lot more bearable and less IN YOUR FACE, at the expense of making some of the text difficult to read.

The new UI has several nice touches; the 'Red Alert' for one thing.

I would also echo the call for the view screen that pops up to match the one that matches your bridge.

However, like the others, I would also request that the character select screen display my main ship, not my shuttle. This is a problem I have noticed on Holodeck too, particularly if I have to repair injuries to my ship from a one-hit kill Borg attack; the ship injury screen will display my shuttle first, meaning I have to select my ship from the drop down. This is probably a coding thing, but is a bit annoying.

One thing I do miss is the 'captain's chair' from the character select screen though. I did like that the colour palette/background swapped between the rounded cool blue of the UFP and the angular red of the KDF when selecting the different characters. Maybe have the captain standing beside a window showing their ship in space instead, like we get during character creation when the captain's shown beside their light cruiser?

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Captain
# 353
04-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Another thing I noticed is that the clock in the upper, left-hand corner of the minimap seems harder to read now. I'm not sure exactly why: it might be smaller now, or maybe, it's the color or font.
Career Officer
# 354
04-07-2013, 08:53 PM
One thing I would say as a negative is that the map doesn't zoom out that far any more. No longer can I zoom out so that I can go from one side of (say) Beta Ursae to the other with a single click and no scrolling required.

And there's also the issue of text being kind of obscured by the yellow of the TNG/Voyager theme.

They're minor Quality of Life things, but they would improve the new UI no end!

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Republic Veteran
# 355
04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Since the GUI is being revamped a few requests
  • Could we have a more minimalistic GUI, with bare minimum graphic fidelity.
  • Exchange - Now that a third faction is being included, other faction BOFF/DOFFs NEED to be separated, and not show up in searches.
  • Exchange - Give us a button to match lowest listed price for the item we are listing for sale.
Career Officer
# 356
04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
if you could include a UI option to change the "skin" back to the previous default UI that would be great.

right now in Tribble the UI, especially the Space combat UI, Looks almost like Atari 2600 graphics. the power levels i barely recognize the lock icons, and i can't make out the subsystem icons above them.
Republic Veteran
# 357
04-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
I really can't understand the negative feedback on the new UI. Am I even playing the same game?
I wonder that myself.

I wonder how a LCARS border and some color changes make it look dated.

I see a lot of people complaining about pixelation, but I don't have any, I wonder if they set the resolution on Tribble to match their LCDs native resolution.

I see complaints that it got huge, while its about the same size on my screen, in fact I felt like there were more gaps between my UI elements then there were on Holodeck. Maybe they have their resolution wrong again?

I will agree that the new viewscreen dialog window is rather large and a tad awkward, and Character Selection and Character Creation are both still in development according to Dev comments I've seen, so I an understand some consternation about those elements, and I guess I can even understand ugly if you don't like the colors, but clunky I don't get, the layouts are virtually identical to live, with a new skin to them.

I'm not sure that clunky, ugly, or dated are good feedback anyhow, because if I were a dev I would know you don't like it, but that lacks the information to fix it. How would the UI be made uncluncky? How would it be made unugly? How would it be made undated?

For Reference:

Old UI

New UI
Lieutenant
# 358
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Anyone that would spend $900 on a video game is not worth listening to for a host of obvious mental health reasons, never mind the ludicrous concept of $900 a month.
Couldn't have said it better.

Anyway, only real problem I have with the new GUI is the text is sometimes cut off when your Boff's or other NPC are talking too you. Overall it looks great I can't see how people like the old interface better.
Lt. Commander
# 359
04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
a few things ive noticed with the new ui and the new character customization generator .
first i have found the game clock to be hard to see in the other color modes than the Defaults

also the character view in the character generator looks cluttered with the preset tabs in the way . if there location could be moved so not to block the character view for those that like to use the advanced settings .

all in all the new ui is nice . the character generator has some nice new touches .

as i get a chance to do more ill post anything else i find
Lieutenant
# 360
04-08-2013, 08:50 PM
What I would like to know is Who requested this, Who designed this and who approved this to go as far as the test server. That time and money could have been better used repairing bugs, hashing out content for KDF and making Romulans their own seperate faction instead of having to join with the Federation or KDF. Thsi is really a waste of funds.