Captain
# 601
04-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
There's a lot of posts so I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to set up the color schemes so they are character specific? So my Romulan can use the Romulan Scheme while my fed uses the TNG scheme, without requiring me to switch back and forth manually when I switch characters? I like the old implementation whereby each faction has a different color, but from what I understand, the new system sets a single color scheme globally, for all your characters.
It's on their minds and they have heard the pleas, but at the moment we have to wait for the programmers to get around to it. I imagine that they are up to their eyeballs in work, grinding it out to the last second to get this expansion pack out in a month and a week or so.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Career Officer
# 602
04-25-2013, 07:30 AM
One thing I noticed last night. When I tried to split some items off, grabbing the space where the slider goes previously moved the marker to my mouse. This time, it just grabbed the window and moved it around. The only way to move the slider was to click and hope it was the amount I wanted, then click again, and again.

I want my slider to slide!

Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
Empire Veteran
# 603
04-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Yes, sliders appear to be broken. If you don't click the exact right pixel, you move the window instead.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 604 Windows key
04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Don't know if this is the right thread for this issue, anyway.

On Holodeck the windows key brings the game to the windows bar and set my screen to the desktop. On Tribble the windows key brings up just the windows bar.

Perhaps this is better (and intended) because when in combat and hitting the windows key bringing you to the desktop is not something you want.

I use the windows key for opening frefox to check STOwiki for the Path to 2404 mission.
Lieutenant
# 605
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
There's a lot of posts so I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to set up the color schemes so they are character specific? So my Romulan can use the Romulan Scheme while my fed uses the TNG scheme, without requiring me to switch back and forth manually when I switch characters? I like the old implementation whereby each faction has a different color, but from what I understand, the new system sets a single color scheme globally, for all your characters.
It's on their minds and they have heard the pleas, but at the moment we have to wait for the programmers to get around to it. I imagine that they are up to their eyeballs in work, grinding it out to the last second to get this expansion pack out in a month and a week or so.
Currently, if you leave the UI color scheme on 'Default', then your characters for the different factions will retain faction-specific UI colors (Blue for FED, Red for KDF, Green for ROM). It's not character specific as far as I can tell (can't specify Reman or TNG UIs), but it's halfway towards what you're looking for I believe.
Career Officer
# 606
04-25-2013, 06:05 PM
I like the new UI mostly because all of the elements change color when in combat rather than just a little message at the top of the screen saying "alert condition red". yeah it does look a little cartooney but i'm willing to overlook that.
Captain
# 607
04-25-2013, 06:32 PM
I've got two minor bugbears with the character selection screen.

1.)Swapping between characters is much slower/takes longer to load the ship and all the characters.

2.)The Bortas does not fit on the screen. It looks a bit silly only seeing the back half of the ship. Scaling the ships, naturally, takes away the sense of scale between them, but at the the time, it's rather jarring when you have a ship soo large half of it is offscreen.
Captain
# 608
04-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I like the new darker "Classic" uis, especially the classic klingon.

Its dark red goes well with any character.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Ensign
# 609
04-26-2013, 02:55 AM
dialog window:
Looking nice, but does it work? Well, a basic design rule is: form follows function.

The classic side-by-side splitting has shown the character in portrait mode, the text in letter format.
This focuses perception on the important parts and ensures comfort in usage.

The new horizontal splitting seems to follow the trend that everything needs to be widescreen'd nowadays.
But does this make sense? Sure, seeing more of the background/location maybe an eye-candy addition but that's it mainly about.
Though the window being bigger the text area doesn't benefit from this as it kinda stayed in size. The resulting bigger buttons aren't really needed.

For the rest let me just say: it's nice and turned out better than I expected but I still have to agree one some things already mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by magnadoodle; 04-28-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: detail correction
Republic Veteran
# 610
04-26-2013, 03:38 AM
Any chance we're going to be seeing color coded powers in the power trays?