Career Officer
# 701 Love the new UI
05-12-2013, 11:44 PM
So much so, that I was disappointed when I went back to Holodeck today.

I think the colors are much better than the monotone red for Klingon especially, but also the monotone blue for Federation.

I like the larger popups too.

But I don't like that the "help" talk doesn't turn off when you turn off the help popups, nor that it talks over the story elements.

I like that enemy targets are a standard color for all factions instead of varying yellows and orange for KDF, and red/blue for Fed.
Ensign
# 702
05-13-2013, 12:45 AM
KDF Space Toolbar: the difference between active and disabled powers its too subtle.
Minor "bugs": 1. The Tuffli Freighter in the Character Selection screen is too big, after scaling it to 0.75 of the current size it should fit in the screen.
2. When running in the river bed on New Romulus i got completely submerged even if the water was not deep enough.
Career Officer
# 703
05-13-2013, 01:06 AM
I played the Fed intro, and I really like the look of the new UI. Clean, crisp and appropriately futuristic.

My only complaint is that the contact dialog box is a bit larger (blocks more of the screen) than I would prefer, and I couldn't find a way to resize it.
Captain
# 704
05-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiberiu View Post
KDF Space Toolbar: the difference between active and disabled powers its too subtle.
Minor "bugs": 1. The Tuffli Freighter in the Character Selection screen is too big, after scaling it to 0.75 of the current size it should fit in the screen.
2. When running in the river bed on New Romulus i got completely submerged even if the water was not deep enough.
1) Sadly, many of the larger ships are cropped in character select, at least for players with smaller screen sizes. (Try a D'Deridex. )

2) Your camera location may have been "submerged". Then everything looks like below the water surface.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 705
05-13-2013, 07:20 AM
For those that didn't see the Devs response to those of us who wanted the ability to switch between both UIs, apparently there's a hard coding issue and it is therefore impossible to have both UIs available .

And yes. Undo button. Bring it back. Resurrect it. Make right, what once went wrong.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Survivor of Romulus
# 706
05-13-2013, 07:35 AM
  • There are no places for trophies in the ready room/crew lounge on Romulan ships. This is Bad(TM)
  • There are no sprites or effects for the new Romulan plasma rifles and assault weapons
  • The beam-down panel shows both ground and space skills for BOffs. Showing the space skills is really not necessary when going to a ground mission
  • On Qo'onos shipyard, Gramash has an interact button below that of his name labelled "used spaceship salesman"
Career Officer
# 707
05-13-2013, 08:21 AM
I just came here to express my feeling toward this so very much annoying UI, please either keep the old one or at least add an option to do so.

.....hideous, hurting my eyes, ugly.

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
For those that didn't see the Devs response to those of us who wanted the ability to switch between both UIs, apparently there's a hard coding issue and it is therefore impossible to have both UIs available .

UH..NOT GOOD...
Science Vice Admiral Dai Eser Berkant
Engineer Lieutenant General D'jon Qua'lon Kordem
Engineer Vice Admiral Adha Flent Xunlai

Last edited by goldentulip; 05-13-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Captain
# 708
05-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentulip View Post
I just came here to express my feeling toward this so very much annoying UI, please either keep the old one or at least add an option to do so.

.....hideous, hurting my eyes, ugly.

EDIT

UH..NOT GOOD...
Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I like the new UI, but as someone who utterly dislikes the old UI, if our positions were reversed I would certainly want the option to keep the one I liked.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
# 709
05-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Cant repeat enough how every time I need to go to the tailor I cant stand seeing the "preset" uniforms I will never use and the floating heads on the side of the screen. The floating heads just need to go away if you do nothing else.

At the very least give us an option to turn off BASIC mode at the tailor since this is something some of us will never use.

You can HIDE the mission tracker in the HUD Screen. Great. But what I really want is a way to simply collapse it or hide it on the normal screen. I dont need it all the time and dont want to go thru the trouble of going into the HUD editor everytime I want to see it or hide it. Seems like there is already something in place with the DOFF system where we can Pin/Unpin a window.

Still no way to size many of the elements without scaling the entire UI. Like I could shrink the Team or target element without making my ship controls smaller.
Captain
# 710
05-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
And yes. Undo button. Bring it back. Resurrect it. Make right, what once went wrong.
One wonders WHY it was removed in the first place.