Captain
# 711
05-13-2013, 12:13 PM
While we are at it...

The entire Reptation screen needs a redo. Its a pain scrolling thru all the items trying to find somerthing. Click the XI instead of the XII because teh screen is a pain well tough, you have to research it. You cant preview any ship or ground items or store items because you are on the screen you need to compare to.
Ensign
# 712
05-13-2013, 12:18 PM
I loved the everything about the system. Keep it up.
Rihannsu
# 713
05-13-2013, 01:12 PM
After some testing this weekend, I have the following notes:

1) Overall the new UI is good. I really wish I could select different UIs for each of my (too many) toons. Having the UI style be account-based is bad.

2) New Tailor: I like that we can pick a full uniform, but I do not like the "floating heads" - Those are very distracting, and half the time didn't seem to work (at least not as I'd've thought).

The tool tag on the Advance Screen for the Lower Body's Randomize button says "Radomize all values of the Shirt" and the Reset button's tool tag for Lower Body says "Reset all values of Chest".

Finally, but most importantly, please bring back the undo button. I don't understand why that was taken away at all.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
# 714 Going to Warp
05-13-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't like how the ship can still be seen in the distance after the burst of light when you go to warp.
Ensign
# 715
05-13-2013, 05:48 PM
I have to say I find certain aspects of the new UI/HUD nice. I am somewhat visually impaired and it scales nicely....but it gets a little TOO big in some ways. which is just very annoying.

I don't think the changeable theme is a downside either - but the thin black text on colored tabs is annoying. Yes, it's different from the current HUD/UI but not in a good way.

Also, when I went to edit the HUD, there are WAY TOO MANY separate windows and lack of sizing options. It's actually nice to be able to move them anywhere you like, individually. But, so many are on top of each other, can't be resized, or and on be resized in means of height/length. That's really bugging me.

And the little pop up notice are great and handy, but also annoying and very intrusive. I think it should be spoken only with a little notifications bar on the side that you can click or activate to show the notice in print.
Ensign
# 716
05-13-2013, 05:51 PM
[can't figure out how to edit, too rushed and new to actual forums]

Also, I DO like the new UI particularly for appearance customization. But I personally would prefer if you switch from body to head or shirt to boots, etc. the view of the character should change accordingly in terms of zoom and focus.
Captain
# 717
05-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Maybe I am missing it but there appears to be no countdown for Slipstream Drive.

There is no way to tell if its ready other than hitting the button over and over
Captain
# 718
05-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
After some testing this weekend, I have the following notes:

1) Overall the new UI is good. I really wish I could select different UIs for each of my (too many) toons. Having the UI style be account-based is bad.

2) New Tailor: I like that we can pick a full uniform, but I do not like the "floating heads" - Those are very distracting, and half the time didn't seem to work (at least not as I'd've thought).

The tool tag on the Advance Screen for the Lower Body's Randomize button says "Radomize all values of the Shirt" and the Reset button's tool tag for Lower Body says "Reset all values of Chest".

Finally, but most importantly, please bring back the undo button. I don't understand why that was taken away at all.
1, character dependent UI color scheme is something that we've been on them for weeks about, so you're not alone. Last time checked they were working on it. Fingers crossed. Why it wasn't thought about before implementation is beyond me however.

2, I don't think anyone likes the floating heads after a while.

And yes once more, bring back the undo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by universewanderer View Post
I don't like how the ship can still be seen in the distance after the burst of light when you go to warp.
That glitch has been there a while, and kind of weird me out. I have a bigger problem with my ship appearing in the middle of the screen before I warp in however.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Lt. Commander
# 719
05-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Having to go to the options menu every time you switch a character is an inconvenience but its not the end of the world.

The updated TNG scheme is looking pretty good too, very much like the LCARS on the Galaxy class bridges.
http://grimdarkfuture.com/images/IRF_SIGS/morgomir_Sig.png
Captain
# 720
05-13-2013, 11:04 PM
The text in the big communications windows is partially hidden when the ui is reduced in scale. The left most portion of the first letter on each line.

Also can we have it so that we can change the orientation of "Big Power Tray #2"? The tray would be a lot more convenient if we could stack it on Tray #1 or park it next to it.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........