Survivor of Romulus
# 721
05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
The quantity slider when buying and selling needs a wider "hot" area. The new graphics look good, but all too often I end up dragging the whole window when I want to buy seven hyposprays. And clicking on the right part of the slider to instantly get the right quantity is just as tricky. At least add single-increment arrows to the panel, or make the slider track the same width as the button, like you have with the main map. Preferably both.
Republic Veteran
# 722
05-16-2013, 01:05 AM
The Shield Distribution animation on the Default romulan HUD is barely noticeable. It seems to flash slightly wider, while the KDf version had some color shift as well.
Captain
# 723
05-16-2013, 03:42 PM
The "new" mission window is too intrusive and now takes up the entire side of my screen.

I have always hated it and on live I have been forced to size it to its smallest possible size.

We need a way to hide it of collapse it without having to permantlly hide it via UI controls. I might want to see my mission objectives but not a list of every mission in my journal.

My suggestion simply make it a button that we click when we want to see it like inventory or make it pinnable/unpinnable like the Doff window.

Or simply add a button that collaspes it like they have in literally every other game
Captain
# 724
05-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Nice you scaled down ships in the character select. Is it intended that only some (bigger ships) are scaled down, or is it still WIP?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 05-16-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Captain
# 725
05-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Speaking of ships on the character select screen, I have an issue.

I copied my main from Holodeck. Now I have a character on Tribble already, and her select screen is great.

But my copied character has no ship. Instead the feet and legs from my first officer are hanging above me where the ship should be. And if I go to change characters, then my First Officer takes the place of my Captain....with her also standing in her normal spot. Not that I mind seeing her twice, but it's not supposed to happen.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Career Officer
# 726
05-19-2013, 04:09 AM
I'm not liking the background texture used in a lot of the KDF windows. Was much nicer when it was plain like the Fed/Romulan UI.

http://i.imgur.com/NdHTQcv.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 727
05-19-2013, 05:08 AM
The one major thing I was really hoping that was going to get fixed is the "dancing interaction buttons". Sometimes they pop up in the middle of the screen and other times they appear on the right side where the low priority ones are supposed to be. Personally I would prefer it if they all appeared on the right side of the screen in the low priority interactions section.

Would like to see an option to lock camera in shoulder mount mode when enabling shooter mode. I never really bothered with shooter mode until the LOR open beta, and it's really not bad. The only issue I had with it was when disabling and then re-enabling shooter mode you have to re-zoom the camera every time. Being able to lock a zoom when enabling shooter mode would be a great option for those people that use gamepads as well.

I know this is more combat system than UI, but the red alert still lasts too long after combat is over. Once the last enemy in a group is destroyed red alert should instantly end.
Lt. Commander
# 728
05-19-2013, 05:44 AM
all I'd like is to change 'gorn' UI base green from 101/200/43 to something more like 55/90/0
Captain
# 729
05-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Still want an option to make the costume editor/tailor default to advanced instead of basic so I dont have to look at needless heads and coveralls all the time.

The old editor had a toggle at least so you could just get right into the actual functions and not be bothered with "presets". Some may love that feature but I for one will never use "basic" options or any of your presets.
Captain
# 730
05-19-2013, 10:19 AM
The bugs that still 'bug' me the most are:
- the FED blue loading screen appearing still on KDF, Rom characters on map transfers;
- inconsistent color of warp-out trails on Romulan characters (they change from green to blue on FED allied Roms, from green to red on KDF allied Roms and back again).

Speaking of that, how come the Chel Grett has blue/red warp out trails on FED/KDF characters? Shouldn't it always be light green?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!