Lt. Commander
# 1 D'deridex Model Feedback
04-16-2013, 10:58 PM
The D'deridex model that was updated is great, almost 100% perfect except for a few things. I made these images to illustrate the couple things that if fixed would make the ship look better, and more accurate. The D'deridex is my favorite Romulan ship and I would love to see it as well done as possible.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps265c7d91.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps2f89ca19.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...psf2b1a390.jpg

I noticed in game that some beams would fire from a very awkward position at the lower end of the beak, which looks quite bad to be honest. The underside of the ships head/saucer looks very plain and awkward/flat because these extra decks are missing. Consider creating a new black Romulan logo for the ships forehead, instead of re using the RSE one, if this is going to be the Romulan Republic after all...but any symbol there as an option is better than nothing.

-thanks
Career Officer
# 2
04-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Regarding the logo suggestion for the bow of the ship, might that not be a good spot for a copy of the Fleet Logo?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Rihannsu
# 3
04-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post
The D'deridex model that was updated is great, almost 100% perfect except for a few things. I made these images to illustrate the couple things that if fixed would make the ship look better, and more accurate. The D'deridex is my favorite Romulan ship and I would love to see it as well done as possible.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps265c7d91.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps2f89ca19.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...psf2b1a390.jpg

I noticed in game that some beams would fire from a very awkward position at the lower end of the beak, which looks quite bad to be honest. The underside of the ships head/saucer looks very plain and awkward/flat because these extra decks are missing. Consider creating a new black Romulan logo for the ships forehead, instead of re using the RSE one, if this is going to be the Romulan Republic after all...but any symbol there as an option is better than nothing.

-thanks
Great work-The D'deridex is m Favourite ship and if besides those few points you consider the model good-im looking forward to it
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Regarding the logo suggestion for the bow of the ship, might that not be a good spot for a copy of the Fleet Logo?
Well a standard Romulan eagle logo should be there, and be swappable for the fleet logo, but I don't want a fleet logo forced onto my ship, options are good.
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
ive seen the new model fire VM from that nose gun location, so thats definitely its deflector location. it should also be the DHC fireing hard point location as well, both stacked on top of each other so it looks like a single beam or cannon shot. instead they are on the uper wings near the warp engines.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 6
04-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Not sure if they do it, but if I was the Art Team, I would ask CBS for the actual CGI models and use them as the reference for the STO low-poly models. That way you can't go wrong with accuracy since you are basing it off those very models that were shown on TV.

And they used 3D Max, which is what Cryptic uses.

Anyhow the models look much improved, though I am not fond of that tacy black "warbird", its like a tatoo than something impressive like the TOS Warbird emblem.
Captain
# 7
04-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Not sure if they do it, but if I was the Art Team, I would ask CBS for the actual CGI models and use them as the reference for the STO low-poly models. That way you can't go wrong with accuracy since you are basing it off those very models that were shown on TV.

Anyhow the models look much improved, though I am not fond of that tacy black "warbird", its like a tatoo than something impressive like the TOS Warbird emblem.

CGI models? From where? TNG was pure Physical model and the ships seen in DS9's war scenes were digital clones of a physical model.
Rihannsu
# 8
04-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:

The large painted bird on.the hull in balance of terror or the tricolof emblem from the enterprise incident? You think those suit the d'deridex warbird?
Career Officer
# 9
04-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandersalvek View Post
The large painted bird on.the hull in balance of terror or the tricolof emblem from the enterprise incident? You think those suit the d'deridex warbird?
I never said use the firebird paintjob on the D'Deridex, just saying that the warbird that they have on it is lame compared to it. They need to make it grander like the firebird or remove it. Because right now it's more like a cheap tramp stamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
CGI models? From where? TNG was pure Physical model and the ships seen in DS9's war scenes were digital clones of a physical model.
Not sure where you got that information from, but they did make CGI D'Deridexes for DS9 and was used again in Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
I never said use the firebird paintjob on the D'Deridex, just saying that the warbird that they have on it is lame compared to it. They need to make it grander like the firebird or remove it. Because right now it's more like a cheap tramp stamp.

Not sure where you got that information from, but they did make CGI D'Deridexes for DS9 and was used again in Voyager.
http://fs-rpg.com/wiki/images/thumb/...ulan_logo2.png

This is the logo they had on its forehead, just in black. I don't think it looks all that bad, but the new Romulan Republic symbol could be put in the same spot and maybe look good...but preferably black/dark gray as it looks better on the ship.