Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 231
# 41
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I still don't understand why the change is perceived to be a bad thing. Tac captains now get a tanking skill that increases their damage....what's wrong about that? Science gets a damage buff, even if it does shoe-horn them into science ships, while Engineer captains get the shaft with nigh-worthless traits. Seriously, who has even invested into batteries? A shield heal proc would have been more useful.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,567
# 42
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehen View Post
I still don't understand why the change is perceived to be a bad thing. Tac captains now get a tanking skill that increases their damage....what's wrong about that? Science gets a damage buff, even if it does shoe-horn them into science ships, while Engineer captains get the shaft with nigh-worthless traits. Seriously, who has even invested into batteries? A shield heal proc would have been more useful.

I agree on the batteries one...

I just miss the fact that I can activate it at will. This seems like a large restriction.

Plus the invisible torps we all know and love to hate do make a good case for the Miracle worker trait.

It becoming avaialable after a lucky tac cube critical can really brighten a tank's day.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 43
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Ya, me too. I always thought it was unavailable until below 50% which is why I've almost never used it. It really SHOULD be a last resort power, and if the plan is to make it work only when below 50% hull then I all for it.

<edit> wait, it already is:


So whats the problem ? Broken 'I win' button ???
That restriction doesn't exist, and is mentioned absolutely nowhere, on holodeck.

Quote:
"Go Down Fighting bestows a damage bonus that becomes stronger as a ship's hull approaches zero"

Targets Self 0.25 Sec Activation
4 Minute Recharge

+24.9% All Damage for 60 sec
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 44
03-29-2013, 06:41 PM
I feel this balances the tac a bit more - this being said from someone who mains a Tactical.

I wouldn't be totally against being able to use the ability at 60 or 70% Hull though... but even so, what used to be a near guaranteed 24%+ damage buff with a 1/4 uptime while not requiring any incoming damage is a bit silly given its name and all.

Just be glad the skill hasn't been modified to state the following:

"Go Down Fighting bestows a damage bonus that becomes stronger as the ship's hull approaches zero while imposing a damage resistance penalty on the ship's hull."

^Honestly, that's what I feel Go Down Fighting *should* be like - but imagine the general population's rage if it were to change that drastically.


Lastly, this change to GDF might be for the upcoming trait in S8 that actually grants it a damage *resistance* bonus. -> bit.ly/STO-S8
Have any questions about the game? Send me a message and I'll be happy to help!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,567
# 45
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
If it actually made you weaker... then it would be never used.

What kind of silly ability would make you weaker?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 46
03-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Actually i see it the change as dps increase. Because people will now use it in proper time for much higher bonus. It does actually benefit tacs in cruisers a little more than escorts.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 802
# 47
03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Actually i see it the change as dps increase. Because people will now use it in proper time for much higher bonus. It does actually benefit tacs in cruisers a little more than escorts.
The difference is insignificant, the tac cruiser will live for 2 more seconds at best compared to a escort.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,917
# 48
03-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I can't survive against a tactical cube in an elite STF against more then a few seconds while firing at it.
Well you are doing it wrong considering how my Tac/scort can tank an tactical cube... oh wait... I'm a noob aren't I... I'll shut up now...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,567
# 49
03-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Well you are doing it wrong considering how my Tac/scort can tank an tactical cube... oh wait... I'm a noob aren't I... I'll shut up now...
Yes, go away and stay under a bridge please.

You can't really tank something that does around 60k damage with an unstoppably torpedo. If the invisible torpedoes were removed, it would be more possible.

And by tanking, I mean shooting at it with your frontal dual cannons. Flying around it in circles with beam arrays or turrets in an escort may be speed tanking, but the damage will suffer.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,917
# 50
03-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
You can't really tank something that does around 60k damage with an unstoppably torpedo. If the invisible torpedoes were removed, it would be more possible.
Ever heard of a little thing called Brace for Impact? It works a treat you know...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 AM.