Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I have an XP machine and a Win7 machine. Win7 is flawless, but the XP one is experiencing the "can't click" issue as well. Again, SP3 + fully patched.

I tried safe mode (which made it windowed) as well as full-screen. Still no clickies.

About to try a "force verify" and see if that helps.

For the record, I'm stuck at the "adjust brightness" screen, not character select.
Rihannsu
# 12
03-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Yes, I'm using Windows XP SP3 Home and I am experiencing these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus214 View Post
I load into tribble and see the character screen but I cant press a single button on the screen.

I cant play on tribble I cant log out I cant create a new character nothing

anyone else having this?
Yup! I concur, I am having this issue too.
Republic Veteran
# 14
03-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
I have an XP machine and a Win7 machine. Win7 is flawless, but the XP one is experiencing the "can't click" issue as well. Again, SP3 + fully patched.

I tried safe mode (which made it windowed) as well as full-screen. Still no clickies.

About to try a "force verify" and see if that helps.

For the record, I'm stuck at the "adjust brightness" screen, not character select.
Nope..."Force Verify" fixed nothing.

The next thing I'm pursuing is a way to work around it by disabling hardware cursor in the gameprefs.pref file, if I can figure out how to do that, just to see if it has anything to do with it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Is it accurate that ALL of you are on XP?

This is critically important to know, so please answer if you can.

Also, if you're reading this and you're on XP and you DO NOT have this bug, please also let us know.

Thanks!
I would tend to think the anecdotal evidence would say, "Yes! It's Win XP Related!"

I don't recall where in the Announcements Thread it is, but I seem to recall a poster mentioning something along the lines of some of the LCARS issues looking like Aero problems. Since, IIRC, Aero is Win Vista+ Tech I wouldn't be surprised to see XP machines having issues.

So this begs the Question: Are the System Requirements to play STO going to change with Legacy of Romulus? If they are, I can guarantee at least two players who won't touch STO (or anything Cryptic/PWE) for the foreseeable future. Upgrading to Win 7/8 is not in the short to medium term outlook at this time.

EDIT: Ignore my Aero Comments for the moment. I found the comment I was looking for and misread the posters remarks. But I think my Question about is STO's System Requirements possibly changing is still a valid one to ask.

Thank you for the time...
CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content

Last edited by tymersto; 03-29-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 16
03-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Nope..."Force Verify" fixed nothing.

The next thing I'm pursuing is a way to work around it by disabling hardware cursor in the gameprefs.pref file, if I can figure out how to do that, just to see if it has anything to do with it.
Okay, no joy from enabling "software cursor". At least, doing so in the gameprefs.pref file that's in the Playtest\Localdata folder. If I have to do it in the other Localdata folder (the one that's neither under Live nor Playtest, then I can try that, but I'm out of time and patience for testing right now. I'll try that later.
Empire Veteran
# 17
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
XP here as well. no ability to click on anything in the character select screen
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 18
03-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymersto View Post
So this begs the Question: Are the System Requirements to play STO going to change with Legacy of Romulus? If they are, I can guarantee at least two players who won't touch STO (or anything Cryptic/PWE) for the foreseeable future. Upgrading to Win 7/8 is not in the short to medium term outlook at this time.
Same here. If they suddenly decide XP is not supported it'll mean no STO for me, and I guess many other players as well. I just won't switch to a different OS just for one game, especially since XP is still working just fine for my needs, while 7 isn't cheap.

Good thing is, their business would suffer as a result, so I doubt they'll leave it like this.
Republic Veteran
# 19
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Okay, no joy from enabling "software cursor". At least, doing so in the gameprefs.pref file that's in the Playtest\Localdata folder. If I have to do it in the other Localdata folder (the one that's neither under Live nor Playtest, then I can try that, but I'm out of time and patience for testing right now. I'll try that later.
Used an online diff tool on my Live and Playtest gameprefs.pref files and the only likely suspect was a line in the Playtest one that seemed to disable graphics hardware instancing. Took it out, and still no joy.

Zer0nius, I'll be logged into Holodeck for a bit if you happen to be on and want to have me try anything specific. 20+ years in tech support, so I know how break/fix testing works.
Commander
# 20
03-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm running Windows 8 and experiencing nothing like that at all.