Me: what..it's been proven melee works

Teammate B: leave him, he knows better
Teammate B: ya know, melee only work against heavily shielded targets
Teammate B: like heavy tac and elite tac

Me: I've run enough KAGEs with ppl that use melee to know it works fine

Teammate A: thx to all who were using guns
Teammate A: gg
Teammate A: bye

For the record this was in a Khitomer ground STF that went smoothly, optional and all

I switched to using a close combat kit on a tac captain with a bat'leth when I saw how effective it was running another KAGE months ago with a pro team
I also carry my fire team kit and adapted pulsewave for a gear change when needed

Apparently in Teammate A's opinion, melee is bad against borg

I've run thousands of STFs, including Cure Ground Elite and Khitomer Ground Elite to know that in my opinion melee works perfectly fine against borg...whether your using it in CGE or KAGE or even the Defera Invasion Zone

Sorry, that's my rant.
Thanks for reading and have a good day.
Captain
# 2
03-28-2013, 01:10 PM
That ferengi energy whip also works very well.
...but someone lost their mind if they're going up against an elite tactical drone with a bat'leth.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
That ferengi energy whip also works very well.
...but someone lost their mind if they're going up against an elite tactical drone with a bat'leth.
lol i just soloed Armek with my Tac lethean in a mk x omega and a sword you just have to have the right doffs and practice.
Rihannsu
# 4
03-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
i went up against 3 elite tactical drones with a falchion, and i ripped it to shreds

granted, i had help each time, but most of the damage dealt to each drone came from me; melee is very powerful if properly supported
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 5
03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
i went up against 3 elite tactical drones with a falchion, and i ripped it to shreds

granted, i had help each time, but most of the damage dealt to each drone came from me; melee is very powerful if properly supported
Hmmm, maybe the defera elite drones are tougher. I solo all drones with the shard sword to LOLville, but those elite tacs don't seem notice when I hit them, so I fall back and snipe them with a sniper rifle.

What ground doffs you using ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itotoshiro View Post
This just irks me...

Teammate A: *sigh*
Teammate A: sure, poke them to death

Me: hey it works lol

Teammate A: how about using a shotgun?
Teammate A: oh whatever, poke him to death
Teammate A: it's not like you're gonna listen

Me: what..it's been proven melee works

Teammate B: leave him, he knows better
Teammate B: ya know, melee only work against heavily shielded targets
Teammate B: like heavy tac and elite tac

Me: I've run enough KAGEs with ppl that use melee to know it works fine

Teammate A: thx to all who were using guns
Teammate A: gg
Teammate A: bye

For the record this was in a Khitomer ground STF that went smoothly, optional and all

I switched to using a close combat kit on a tac captain with a bat'leth when I saw how effective it was running another KAGE months ago with a pro team
I also carry my fire team kit and adapted pulsewave for a gear change when needed

Apparently in Teammate A's opinion, melee is bad against borg

I've run thousands of STFs, including Cure Ground Elite and Khitomer Ground Elite to know that in my opinion melee works perfectly fine against borg...whether your using it in CGE or KAGE or even the Defera Invasion Zone

Sorry, that's my rant.
Thanks for reading and have a good day.

With a Pulsewave and the Fire Team Kit you can do around 2000 or 3000 of damage per hit to an entire group. You can do that with a melee weapon? I don't think so.

This is how a true Tactical Officer rolls

Check the video, it's going to be really useful to you.

Anyways, the PvE content in this game is mostly easy, so you can use anything to beat it, anything. Just keep in mind that are faster and better ways to do it
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 7
03-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Melee vs Borg...

Why is this even here? It's a no brainer that Melee works on Borg. Period. First off, on elite, they have hardened shields. That means you're doing at most 30% energy damage to their shields. At most. Secondly, you can't adapt to melee. Lastly, at melee range the Borg hardly ever use their plasma cannons, which means no one shot crits, no insta kills, faaar less pain in general, therefore you last longer and can deal more damage.

I have a friend who runs a close combat kit with his tac, has ALL of his skills and passives and even his captain traits all set to melee, and he solos elite tacs with his fists. And gives no craps. Add in a few support captains, and you're gold. I also use melee on a regular basis. I run up to tacs, heavy tacs, and elite tacs and slap them to death with batt'leths, tegolars, falchions, lirpas, fists and rifle butts. It's fun, effective, and when timed properly is just amazing.

Herp. A. Derp.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 8
03-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I really think it's inefficient to melee everything in sight when there are more powerful AoE attacks available to you that can one shot a whole borg group. Melee is really for boss fights or when you have no other options. That's just my opinion though.

Just because melee is cool when you know the combos, that doesn't mean you're teamworking .
STO is the BEST game ever and the players absolutely LOVE it.
Rihannsu
# 9
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
What ground doffs you using ?
1 purple and 2 blue security officers with +crit and severity while using melee attacks, plus a purple mk xi [CrtD]x3 tsunkatse falchion

with all that, i get 20% crit chance and 125% crit severity, before any kit, captain or team buffs, and no gambling device (which i really need to get at some point)

so yeah, properly supported, melee is deadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Commander
# 10
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
lol. 3x purple melee security officers, 2x purple knockback assault officers + squad leader or close combat. combine that with the omega set and a gambling device and you're golden.

those in the know, melee. i can guarantee a good melee team will complete a kage with 8+ minutes left on the optional timer.

get yourself a sword or falchion. the "lunge" ability that it has is great especially if you get rooted. lirpas and bat'leths don't have that function unfortunately.