Starfleet Veteran
# 1 GUYS! Seriously?
03-30-2013, 01:26 AM
The ROM faction is going to be awesome! NEW content ... More PRIME Trek, more explorin and fun

Why the hell do you guys seem to chucking the idea in the bin?!? Just beacuse of the allainces means you have to be like this?

By having an alliance, no forming a new fleet and spending $$$ (why cant you use a pound sign ) on dilithium and no need to start agian.

If the faction was independant , a crippled force against 2 major powers .... please?! They would be gone in nearly no time.

So STOP WHINING!!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 2
03-30-2013, 01:27 AM
sorry I don't think like a fed........or a kdf........
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-30-2013, 01:27 AM
This is FORUMS!!! *kicks tribble down a pit*
The Only good Iconian is a DEAD Iconian

Would you like to know more?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
sorry I don't think like a fed........or a kdf........
In other words?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

Lieutenant
# 5
03-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
If the faction was independant , a crippled force against 2 major powers .... please?! They would be gone in nearly no time.
Actually, it would be two crippled forces against one major power instead of continuing to be one crippled force against one major power except now both sides can have warbirds.

I was looking forward to a refreshing change in the game's dynamic that a third faction would bring, rather than the continuation of that same status quo that we've had for 3 years with a new coat of paint.
Captain
# 6
03-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
The ROM faction is going to be awesome! NEW content ... More PRIME Trek, more explorin and fun

Why the hell do you guys seem to chucking the idea in the bin?!? Just beacuse of the allainces means you have to be like this?

By having an alliance, no forming a new fleet and spending $$$ (why cant you use a pound sign ) on dilithium and no need to start agian.

So STOP WHINING!!
1) The Romulans have become so mutilated from their TNG-era form that it might as well be bizarro world, because this is hardly what could be expected from a prime-universe Romulan faction.

2) I'd rather have no fleet than be stuck building up federation starbases for the benefit of the Federation. Ditto for the KDF.

3) It would be infinately better to have Romulans, in Romulan fleets, building starbases for the benefit of the Romulans, IMO.

4) We had the RSE, which was doing fine until Cryptic decided to overthrow it and install D'Tan and his hippies as the one and only ligitimate Romulan faction. How is Romulans sending their technology, ships, and manpower to their bitter rivals for the purpose of being killed and destroyed in a war in which they are not involved, up to and including killing other members of the Romulan Republci suppsoed to make them *less* crippled? If logic is anything they are opening the door to their own destruction.

5) How about you stop whining about people making legitamate complaints of their most beloved faction being turned into a glorified KDF/Fed content expansion, instead of an actual, honest-to-goodness faction?
Captain
# 7
03-30-2013, 01:36 AM
Cryptic? I believe the RSE got the boot by the 2009 Trek movie.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
03-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Reads to me that the Romulans are going to be either FED or KDF ... Pets. I for one am getting my rolled up newspaper ready when they pee on the carpet :p
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
1) The Romulans have become so mutilated from their TNG-era form that it might as well be bizarro world, because this is hardly what could be expected from a prime-universe Romulan faction.

2) I'd rather have no fleet than be stuck building up federation starbases for the benefit of the Federation. Ditto for the KDF.

3) It would be infinately better to have Romulans, in Romulan fleets, building starbases for the benefit of the Romulans, IMO.

4) We had the RSE, which was doing fine until Cryptic decided to overthrow it and install D'Tan and his hippies as the one and only ligitimate Romulan faction. How is Romulans sending their technology, ships, and manpower to their bitter rivals for the purpose of being killed and destroyed in a war in which they are not involved, up to and including killing other members of the Romulan Republci suppsoed to make them *less* crippled? If logic is anything they are opening the door to their own destruction.

5) How about you stop whining about people making legitamate complaints of their most beloved faction being turned into a glorified KDF/Fed content expansion, instead of an actual, honest-to-goodness faction?
Define whinning. I only made one post, sure you have more. Your whinning about someone who does not understand and is trying to get people to not be angry.

Captain
# 10
03-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Cryptic? I believe the RSE got the boot by the 2009 Trek movie.
They have been hanging around STO for decades going by the timeline. Until the Reputation system them, the Tal'Shiar, and Obisek were the only Romulan factions, (and Obisek was really a Reman faction) These Romulan Republic Punks are the new kids on the block, and Cryptic threw the RSE out the window to make room for their baby.