Lt. Commander
http://i.imgur.com/oaiXhew.png

You only see the head (and maybe collar). If this stays that way, all uniforms and costumes foundry authors designed and the info/feel they should convey, will be pretty much not seen.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Keep in mind that this is all extremely early beta and there are a lot of aspects that are still unrefined. I would also suggest that you post your feedback in the feedback thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=598141

@greendragoon
Rihannsu
# 3
03-29-2013, 01:26 PM
You're overreacting..... a lot. The face shot only appears in dialog boxes, and dialog boxes currently only show face shots anyways....

You still see your boff's full outfits when they're active, and you can even rotate the picture of the boff in the status screen. So... it's a minor cosmetic change the the part of the UI that shows dialog. Nothing of any real consequence.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
03-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I actually would like the current view preserved over this though I won't toss a fit over it. A bigger issue I have with it is that it seems to be made to look like a screen and not just a portrait. THAT I dislike more, especially if you are interacting with the character in-person.

It?s just as I learned in the army: No matter how well something works, it can always be improved upon until it ceases to function completely.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
03-29-2013, 01:37 PM
One thing it will do is make designing good/interesting looking faces far more important than it has been previously.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You're overreacting..... a lot. The face shot only appears in dialog boxes, and dialog boxes currently only show face shots anyways....

You still see your boff's full outfits when they're active, and you can even rotate the picture of the boff in the status screen. So... it's a minor cosmetic change the the part of the UI that shows dialog. Nothing of any real consequence.
The current dialog box is right there in the picture on the right. And who is talking about BOFFs?
Career Officer
# 7
03-29-2013, 03:55 PM
I have some serious reservations about this new look. It seems like on the ground, at least, it's totally inappropriate to be looking at a view screen. Also, not every single space discussion is with someone on a view screen. At least as per the Foundry, I'd like to be able to specify whether it's a viewscreen contact or the current one.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
03-29-2013, 03:58 PM
My impression is that they'll probably fix that for ground. I agree there are places where it makes sense and places where it doesn't. And as it is on tribble now dialogues don't always appear on viewscreens.

Being able to specify which we want would be a huge advantage.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 03-29-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Lieutenant
# 9
03-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
From what I can tell, it looks like the OP's screenshot of the "screen" is of a BOff you get as a quest reward judging by the portion of dialogue below it. I'm guessing the screen is your captain looking at a digital photo of a BOff to choose to join the crew, and has absolutely nothing to do with ground dialogue whatsoever.

Either way, IMO the picture is either overgrown speculation or just an attempt to rile people up.

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC