Career Officer
# 131
03-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpdodgers View Post
I do not like the idea that Romulans are forced to Join either a Federation or Klingon fleet to gain access to Fleet Ships and Equipment. Cos if am understanding correctly there are going to be Romulan fleets that own either a Fed or KDF starbase

And for large established fleets like {UFP} who have 2 Federation fleets(1 for mains, 1 for alts) and a KDF fleet the House of Kular, all of which have 400+ characters and will have little space for Romulans.

Now we were happy to make a new Romulan Fleet with it's own Division in {UFP} and were happy to build up a brand new Romulan Starbase, why not just give the Romulans a starbase and their own fleet?, it make perfect story sense that the Romulan Republic would be making brand new starbases near New Romulus.
I agree with this
Career Officer
# 132
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
For those asking at what point you have to choose sides, Dan mentioned that you'll only be able to use your aligned faction's Doffs so presumably you'll have to pick sides before you reach Lieutenant 7 (or whatever the equivalent Romulan rank is) when the Doff System unlocks?

Since you won't be able to join a fleet until you've made that choice, I guess they're going to force it on you pretty early.

Quote:
In addition to adding Romulan Republic Duty Officers to existing packs in the game, Romulan Republic captains will gain access to the Duty Officers packs of their chosen ally.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 03-29-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 133
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
During Star Trek 3 production, the Romulans were the original draft bad guys. The Bird of prey was Romulan.

They changed their minds and decided Klingons. They even stated behind the scenes the logic for keeping the ship as it was, to be the alliance they had with the Romulans and Klingons at that time.

In "Enterprise Incident" they did not steal those D7's, they stated there was an "exchange of technology" and that the Romulans were "using Klingon designs".

(Not 100% sure if Spock said "exchange" off top of head, but that was the explanation producers had in the production notes then and in Trek 3.)

We can argue all day whether production info is canon, it doesn't matter. If you only acknowledge what you see on screen, you have to ignore 89% of what's happening in STO because there are characters like Captain Calhoun at K-7 who was never on screen, he was from books.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/246641_323883057709996_347034197_n.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 134
03-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
For those asking at what point you have to choose sides, Dan mentioned that you'll only be able to use your aligned faction's Doffs so presumably you'll have to pick sides before you reach Lieutenant 7 (or whatever the equivalent Romulan rank is) when the Doff System unlocks?

Since you won't be able to join a fleet until you've made that choice, I guess they're going to force it on you pretty early.
its now Lt. Commander 11 and Romulans will have access to to their own romulan doffs plus w/e faction they side with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 135
03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
really disappointed by this. Not only do we have to play romulans as soft and fluffy Vulcans, we cant even cause chaos in 3-way fights.

Where's the STAR TREK man?
STAR TREK & Romulans are getting sold down the river on May 21 !

EXCITING TIMES !!!
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Survivor of Romulus
# 136
03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
So we're green until we decide to go red or blue? "booo!"
Career Officer
# 137
03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
its now Lt. Commander 11 and Romulans will have access to to their own romulan doffs plus w/e faction they side with.
When did it change? It's listed under your progression (Fed-side) as unlocked at Lt. 7?

Read the quote again:

Quote:
In addition to adding Romulan Republic Duty Officers to existing packs in the game, Romulan Republic captains will gain access to the Duty Officers packs of their chosen ally.
No mention of Romulans having their own exclusive set of Doffs (that's not how I read it anyway).
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 138
03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
No Romulan Timeship or Lib. Borg Romulans at launch? Sadface.
Survivor of Romulus
# 139
03-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Don't forget -- Cryptic has also said this would be model for future factions, like Cardassians.
I would love Cardassians implemented like this! They're already tied close with the Federation, so I could get to play for the 'good cause' while receiving orders from Garak!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 140
03-29-2013, 02:26 PM
EDIT:

Forget it, I misread.