Career Officer
# 441
03-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
The Romulans did see the Federation as an enemy, much good it did them.
Your opinion of the Romulan psyche is noted. This does not however change what they believe and why it's jarring to have to be Romulans that suddenly don't.

Quote:
And...where are these legions of outraged players behind you? I kind of can't see them. I only see you.

Perhaps they are hiding?
Oh, one minute there are so many players "whining" that you must comment on it more than once, the next I'm the only one.
Listen, when you decide to stop making posts from Planet Convenience I'll be right here, okay?
Captain
# 442
03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfofficer View Post
This won't happen. That's what's so annoying about this. Once the Romulans are entwined with the Federation and Klingons, there is no undoing it. Cryptic simply cannot take players from those factions and dump them into a new one later on down the road.

The shortsightedness of Cryptic's plan is probably one of the most aggravating things about it.
The only way i can see a rom faction later is if its based on a romulan empire led by sela it will be the only way it could happen.

It would also work since those who follow sela are not happy with D'tans faction of roms so idk but thats about the only way a rom faction can be done after this impending train wreck.
Captain
# 443
03-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Your opinion of the Romulan psyche is noted. This does not however chance what they believe and why it's jarring to have to be Romulans that suddenly don't.

Oh, one minute there are so many players "whining" that you must comment on it more than once, the next I'm the only one.
Listen, when you decide to stop making posts from Planet Convenience I'll be right here, okay?
I never said there is a legion of them whining. Its mostly you.

This reminds me of an American Dad episode where Stan would not accept help. Then he realises that people helping each other can achieve more then he can alone, so he changes his opinion based on results.

Now if a Romulan thinks that the Star Empire lead to a gaint bang, would he or she not be inclined to try something else?

And to get Sela as a leader, Sela needs to be retrieved.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Rihannsu
# 444
03-29-2013, 07:20 PM
LOL seriously, it's like the people defending this decision by attacking those of us who are upset by it can't decide which personal attack to settle on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Captain
# 445
03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
LOL seriously, it's like the people defending this decision by attacking those of us who are upset by it can't decide which personal attack to settle on.
Pointing out that a few dozen players won't make a big dent in PWE's income is now a great and evil attack.

If only it worked in STFs....
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 446
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:

This reminds me of an American Dad episode where Stan would not accept help. Then he realises that people helping each other can achieve more then he can alone, so he changes his opinion based on results.

Now if a Romulan thinks that the Star Empire lead to a gaint bang, would he or she not be inclined to try something else?

If cryptic was to later make a rom star empire faction the first initial mission would be a rescue operation to get sela kinda like the initial borg invasion training mission for the feds.

Then you could start your journey as a rom officer in the rom star empire trying to help empress sela revive the fallen empire to its former glory.

It could work
Rihannsu
# 447
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes because that's clearly what I was referring to, how I love assumptions

Quote:
Pointing out that a few dozen players won't make a big dent in PWE's income is now a great and evil attack.

If only it worked in STFs....
Career Officer
# 448
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Yes, all the other people here agreeing with me and talking about it are just figments of my imagination.

Quote:
Rare is the time anyone actually admits to watching American Dad.

Quote:

A what?
And Sela has what to do with anything? *knocks* Make sense!
Survivor of Romulus
# 449
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:

Sela needs to be euthanized. I'm pretty sure she's the bad luck charm behind everything that happened to the Romulans lately.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 450
03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
While theoretically rescueing Sela can work, it would be a bit hard to pull off against Iconians.

Remeber, those guys make the borg look like hapless space bunnies. So this mission sounds more like a level 60 elite STF.

Shopks got it.... Sela part was not meant at you.

The politics of the Star Empire lead to the Hobus Supernova.

I do like American Dad, Family Guy, South Park , Simpsons, and most of all Futurama, and sometimes I can watch Drawn together.

Last edited by tpalelena; 03-29-2013 at 07:28 PM.