Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 451
03-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Ya know after thinking on it for a while there is 3 factions within the romulans

Star Empire led by Sela

D'Tans Unificationists on new romulas

and

The Tal Shiar

Since we are playing D'tans unificationsts it would be understandable if they seeked allies with the feds and klinks.
Even to the point some may even join the Feds or KDF who knows but the fact is D'Tans faction does not have the man power to stand alone as a true faction.

However if later on cryptic makes a rom faction based on the star empire led by sela then that would make more sense.

Since after romulus and remus were destroyed the majority of romulans united under selas banner and only a handfull joined up with D'Tan which is why the tal shiar is able to bully them around.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 452
03-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
While theoretically rescueing Sela can work, it would be a bit hard to pull off against Iconians.

Remeber, those guys make the borg look like hapless space bunnies. So this mission sounds more like a level 60 elite STF.
I can make an entire Sirius Sector Borg battle group look like hapless space bunnies. Not to mention Janeway in Voyager..
Point is, just because the Borg cube gets Worf Effected in a scene doesn't really mean that much.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 453
03-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Sela needs to be euthanized. I'm pretty sure she's the bad luck charm behind everything that happened to the Romulans lately.
No, that would be Cryptic
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 454
03-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
While theoretically rescueing Sela can work, it would be a bit hard to pull off against Iconians.

Remeber, those guys make the borg look like hapless space bunnies. So this mission sounds more like a level 60 elite STF.

Shopks got it.... Sela part was not meant at you.

The politics of the Star Empire lead to the Hobus Supernova.


I do like American Dad, Family Guy, South Park , Simpsons, and most of all Futurama, and sometimes I can watch Drawn together.
Well its like this it would be a training mission and think for a second how uber hard the borg is ingame but on the training mission they are pushovers.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,772
# 455
03-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Ya know after thinking on it for a while there is 3 factions within the romulans

Star Empire led by Sela

D'Tans Unificationists on new romulas

and

The Tal Shiar

Since we are playing D'tans unificationsts it would be understandable if they seeked allies with the feds and klinks.
Even to the point some may even join the Feds or KDF who knows but the fact is D'Tans faction does not have the man power to stand alone as a true faction.

However if later on cryptic makes a rom faction based on the star empire led by sela then that would make more sense.

Since after romulus and remus were destroyed the majority of romulans united under selas banner and only a handfull joined up with D'Tan which is why the tal shiar is able to bully them around.

While there still is the point of the missing Sela, this could work.

Sela could ally with the KDF, and D'Tan with the Feds (unificationist after all), while the Tal'shiar can be an NPC Enemy.

Yeah the tutorial borg are quite easy. But the Iconians are supposed to be thousand of years ahead of the borg.... it would be a bit bad for their street cred if romulans could rescue their prisoner.

Think of a bunch of cavemen rescuing someone from a sensitive USA military facility.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 456
03-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Ya know after thinking on it for a while there is 3 factions within the romulans

Star Empire led by Sela

D'Tans Unificationists on new romulas

and

The Tal Shiar

Since we are playing D'tans unificationsts it would be understandable if they seeked allies with the feds and klinks.
Even to the point some may even join the Feds or KDF who knows but the fact is D'Tans faction does not have the man power to stand alone as a true faction.

However if later on cryptic makes a rom faction based on the star empire led by sela then that would make more sense.

Since after romulus and remus were destroyed the majority of romulans united under selas banner and only a handfull joined up with D'Tan which is why the tal shiar is able to bully them around.
Assuming the Star Empire absolutely HAVE to be the bad guys (a point I disagree with vehemently), why couln't it be:

Romulan Star Empire

Tal'Shiar

D'Tan's Reunificationists

Romulan Republic

Nothing, NOTHING says the Republic and the Reunificationists have to be the same thing. If the empire is fractured, well.. then.. fracture it!
Hell, the novels had the Star Empire and the Imperial Romulan State. The New Romulans are a late addition after all.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,028
# 457
03-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
No, that would be Cryptic
Cryptic responsible for J.J. blowing up Romulus?

*Puts tinfoil hat and assumes 'the thinker' pose*
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 355
# 458
03-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Sela is a ****ty villain-of-the-week mustache-twirling villain and nobody would bother rescuing her. Those who would follow her are only out for themselves, so they'd just try to be the one to replace her, and those opposed to her wouldn't want to see her back.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,772
# 459
03-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Assuming the Star Empire absolutely HAVE to be the bad guys (a point I disagree with vehemently), why couln't it be:

Romulan Star Empire

Tal'Shiar

D'Tan's Reunificationists

Romulan Republic

Nothing, NOTHING says the Republic and the Reunificationists have to be the same thing. If the empire is fractured, well.. then.. fracture it!
Hell, the novels had the Star Empire and the Imperial Romulan State. The New Romulans are a late addition after all.
The devs already said the Republic is D'Tan's. It is a republic, so it fits D'tan to the D.

Still, the RR with the Feds, and the RSE with the KDF Could work.

I doubt the Tal'shiar would get anything more then being villain NPCs.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,708
# 460
03-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Since we are playing D'tans unificationsts it would be understandable if they seeked allies with the feds and klinks.
Oh yeah, and he's recruited Fed and KDF spies to help build his little themepark. And he's giving the Romulan tech to our enemies! And he's even going around calling his little woodstock "New Romulus" like he's the real authority. RSE would crush him like a bug, instead he's giving center stage. Tal'Shiar should not even be the bad guys here, they are heroes to the RSE for trying to kill him [except they aren't trying to kill him, they are trying to control him, which is also kind of weird].

D'Tan faction is a mistake. I was hoping they would find a way out from under it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 PM.