Career Officer
# 501
03-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
then why is the option there?
Because is will be available eventually. Everything on Tribble is a Work In Progress; and it serves no purpose (and would take extra Dev time) to write code that blocks graphics from displaying - and it's really not necessary.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 502
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtshead View Post
Look, I can play the insulting quote game too!

I do support the game, and I will continue to do so, because I enjoy it. I'm sorry you won't be around to enjoy it with me, but since I think most of your opinions and arguments are silly, I probably won't miss you too much.

Have fun in the other Star Trek MMO that lets you play as any type of Romulan at all.
Oh how cute, you're playing the monopolization game are you?
Being the only one to do it doesn't mean you get to do it badly. That kind of attitude has generated enough schlock and garbage in this world, thank you.
Captain
# 503
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Look, I can play the insulting quote game too!

I do support the game, and I will continue to do so, because I enjoy it. I'm sorry you won't be around to enjoy it with me, but since I think most of your opinions and arguments are silly, I probably won't miss you too much.

Have fun in the other Star Trek MMO that lets you play as any type of Romulan at all.
I think the biggest issue for alot of people is how cryptic mislead everyone and didnt say anything till now.
For me its worse then being lied to because they were willing to sit back as everyone myself included were overcome with joy the day when the countdown hit zero and we were told there was gonna be a rom faction.
Now were being told no there isnt i wont support a game that is willing to mislead and lie to its players i will play but as far as subscribing or buying zen nope not gonna do it.

If they had been honest and upfront from the beggining then it wouldve been ok but we were lead to believe the rom 3rd faction was about to be released now were told something different.

That just boils my blood
Empire Veteran
# 504
03-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Stahl said earlier that the game's technology "doesn't allow" for new factions to be implemented any other way.

Assuming that's true, it's funny how this apparent fact has never once come up any other time he's been questioned on the possibility of new factions, or indeed when the Romulan "faction" was announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
Even more incredulous because apparently the faction can work just fine and dandy independent up until level 10. My opinion is that Stahl is lying on this issue to deflect criticism. Only way it can be done, yeah. Right.
The same poop he has been telling the KDF player base for years. It's sad that the Romulans are getting the same treatment as well. It's even more sad that Cryptic can't or won't do a multi-faction game.

If Cryptic wasn't prepared to do a multi-faction game then the game should have been set up totally different to begin with. Basically you pick a faction and play to a certain level like the Romulans are going to be and then you join Omega Force and start starbases and fleets and everything after that is cross faction all three factions working towards a comon goal and they slowly improve upon the earlier levels with unique faction specific written from that factions viewpoint missions and content. There would be no Fed/KDF war and all that, there would be no restriction of cross faction teaming all three factions are in it together for survival like they did in the Dominion War.

To be totally honest it's not too late for them to do this if they give the KDF and Romulans missions to level 50 (give all the featured episodes to the Federation) and make it so all factions have say 50 leveling missions each. Then at level 50 they can join Omega force and a fleet (which isn't faction based) and then all the cross faction stuff goes from there. Bring a conclusion to the KDF/FED war, Iconians and Borg are making it that they and the Romulans need to come together for mutual survival. Then the only faction specific stuff required are ships and uniforms which they can release 1 for each faction each time they release content, could even have packs for people who have a character on all three factions.

It would bring the storylines together and give everyone including Cryptic what they want. A lot of work but doable by this time next year. Most of the ground work is already there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 505
03-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfofficer View Post
Not everybody needs to have their every whim catered.
Right. Exactly my point. The only difference is that I feel like when push comes to shove, having MY whim catered to is preferable to having YOUR whim catered to. Again, I suspect the choice was not between the current system or your ideal, it was between the current system or NOTHING, and I think something you don't quite like is better than nothing at all.

But then I have been accused of being a pragmatist.
Career Officer
# 506
03-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Because is will be available eventually. Everything on Tribble is a Work In Progress; and it serves no purpose (and would take extra Dev time) to write code that blocks graphics from displaying - and it's really not necessary.
so they are being lazy go figure
Republic Veteran
# 507
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
I think the biggest issue for alot of people is how cryptic mislead everyone
Oh, don't pull the generalization card out now, that's a flat-out total lie you just spouted. I wasn't mislead by Cryptic in ANY way at all. It's only those like you and linwei that feel mislead. So generalizing it to mean that everyone was mislead is completely false, and you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
so they are being lazy go figure
Not quite, it'll be up when they have it ready, it was never going to be put on Tribble right away anyway.
Captain
# 508
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Right. Exactly my point. The only difference is that I feel like when push comes to shove, having MY whim catered to is preferable to having YOUR whim catered to. Again, I suspect the choice was not between the current system or your ideal, it was between the current system or NOTHING, and I think something you don't quite like is better than nothing at all.

Im personally content with having a rom micro faction

Im not happy with the fact they mislead all of us with a nice lie and now cover up.

I dont want every whim to be catered to i just want some honesty from cryptic why did they have to mislead and lie to us when they couldve just told us what was up the day they made the "big" annoucement.
Career Officer
# 509
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:

By your logic, a pie in the face is better than no pie at all.
Captain
# 510
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Oh, don't pull the generalization card out now, that's a flat-out total lie you just spouted. I wasn't mislead by Cryptic in ANY way at all. It's only those like you and linwei that feel mislead. So generalizing it to mean that everyone was mislead is completely false, and you know it.
There there be a good little sheeple and go graze in your pasture