Career Officer
# 511
03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Oh, don't pull the generalization card out now, that's a flat-out total lie you just spouted. I wasn't mislead by Cryptic in ANY way at all. It's only those like you and linwei that feel mislead. So generalizing it to mean that everyone was mislead is completely false, and you know it.
They still should have come out and been honest when people wait 3 years for romulans should be told the truth by cryptic though i dont expect it from them
Captain
# 512
03-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
By your logic, a pie in the face is better than no pie at all.
Id rather have a pie in the face then a skillet lop side my head
Career Officer
# 513
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Oh, don't pull the generalization card out now, that's a flat-out total lie you just spouted. I wasn't mislead by Cryptic in ANY way at all. It's only those like you and linwei that feel mislead. So generalizing it to mean that everyone was mislead is completely false, and you know it.

Not quite, it'll be up when they have it ready, it was never going to be put on Tribble right away anyway.
no they where lazy because they decide to show the option but oh wait you cant get it yet just like they dont say its not a real faction till it comes out and is announced
Career Officer
# 514
03-29-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry but if you can't admit that the hype they were building up, the countdown, the teaser pictures and all that were misleading then you're being disingenuous.

Heck they never said anything about this on the day LoR was announced and didn't until this Ask Cryptic, deliberately letting players hype ourselves up and discuss the possibilities.
Commander
# 515
03-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtshead View Post
Right. Exactly my point. The only difference is that I feel like when push comes to shove, having MY whim catered to is preferable to having YOUR whim catered to. Again, I suspect the choice was not between the current system or your ideal, it was between the current system or NOTHING, and I think something you don't quite like is better than nothing at all.

But then I have been accused of being a pragmatist.
I don't buy that. At all. Cryptic keeps talking about how great things have been going for them, how they have increased their staff, and how we're getting this EXPANSION!!! with a NEW FACTION!

When what we're really getting is a half-baked bunch of space-pirate Pandaren.

It really seems like they just rubber stamped the first idea that they came up with, based on how little effort it would take to implement.

I posted it before, but if the effort to create and implement an actual new faction would've required charging for the (in this case actual) expansion, I and many others would've been willing to pay.

Instead of creatively addressing potential problems, Cryptic threw up their hands and went with the most short-sighted, quite frankly lazy plan they possibly could.

It probably doesn't hurt that the best Romulan ships will no doubt be on the z-store and available to all three factions - easily rationalized under this "ally" poppycock.

Last edited by darkelfofficer; 03-29-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Captain
# 516
03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
I'm sorry but if you can't admit that the hype they were building up, the countdown, the teaser pictures and all that were misleading then you're being disingenuous.

Heck they never said anything about this on the day LoR was announced and didn't until this Ask Cryptic, deliberately letting players hype ourselves up and discuss the possibilities.
I agree with you completley
Captain
# 517
03-29-2013, 08:49 PM
does anyone know when cryptic was founded as in the year?
Career Officer
# 518
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
I think the biggest issue for alot of people is how cryptic mislead everyone and didnt say anything till now.
But they did say something before now. They were talking about how this exact system would be the most likely way Romulans would get into the game for a good while before now. We had plenty of warning that this is how it could have turned out.

It's hardly Cryptic's fault if you didn't listen to/weren't around for those podcasts and the resulting discussion threads.
Career Officer
# 519
Quote:
i do not know for sure
Career Officer
# 520
Quote:
Google fu says 2000.