Rihannsu
# 51
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I have a character in a fleet and I don't see that much content I'd be missing out on.
Republic Veteran
# 52
03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
So we aren't a Romulan Faction we're just the "native auxiliaries" for the mighty Federation and Klingon Empires? Such BS.
I chuckled at this.

I love Empire: Total War.

@Captain_Shephard - Join Date Status: Assimilated - Twitter: @RogueJawa

Set your course and come chart a new adventure in Star Trek Online with Priority One.
Email us here to join the official fleet of STO's premier podcast.
Survivor of Romulus
# 53
03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
you can be either a KDF romulan or a fed romulan. That answers it.
That doesn't answer it at all. It makes sense for Romulans to be able to get the Fleet benefits for whatever side they ally with, but it does not make sense for them to be limited to Foundry missions that are specifically written for other factions.

We need to be able to build Romulan Foundry missions that appear only for Romulan players, the same way we can build for Fed and KDF right now. I put that question in the Ask Cryptic: whether we'd be able to build for the faction at launch. I'm disappointed it wasn't picked while at the same time he picked a question on the Silent Enemy and didn't answer it at all. I'm certainly willing to wait for more information, but as an author who is very excited to build Romulan missions, it is a pressing concern.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 54
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Do you have a better description for what they've turned the Romulans into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptshephard View Post
I chuckled at this.

I love Empire: Total War.
Career Officer
# 55
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Question 1:
So, I am confused, a Romulan could fly a starfleet vessel but a starfleet captain cannot fly warbirds? Just wondering, at the end, I would prefer roms not being able to touch fed ships... maybe except the non-starfleet ones (same applies to KDF).

Question 2:
Does this mean romulan players cannot start a fleet until reaching lvl 50?

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)

Last edited by redshirtthefirst; 03-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 56
03-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Alien-Gen Hybrid? What does that mean? Like alien characters currently? So FED and KDF can make alien characters free but only subscribers or lifers can make aliens in the Romulan Faction?

Or are you going to restrict aliens to only lifers and subscribers across all factions in May?
@HyperLimited
Rihannsu
# 57
03-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
HAHA, what MASSIVE cop-out... Instead of adding a THIRD unique faction, your basically adding a mini-faction, which you must CHOOSE to ally with either FED or KDF at a certain level. Where do I remember this from? Oh right, World of Pandas (Mists of Pandaria).

No self-respecting Klingon would ever willingly help, much less, ally themselves with a Romulan. The only ones (in canon) who ever allied themselves with Romulans, were labeled traitors of the Empire.

From what i'm reading in the Ask Cryptic, your basically saying that the Romulan "faction" will be launched with a handful of new episodes that are unique to them, then at a certain point, you must choose to ally yourself with FED or KDF. Whereupon, you end up running exactly the same mission content that we've already had these past 3 years.
Actually if you read it properly you will see that he said the Romulans have their own INDEPENDANT story line. Seriously is so difficult to people to read and understand simple things instead of jumping the gun?
Republic Veteran
# 58
03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Feel like its not a 3rd faction at all. Just romulans joining the current 2. March beneath the raptors wings??? March into the arms of the federation or the kdf would be more accurate. Very disappointing. I don't agree at all with your reasoning for this. It's a cop out. And I hate to say that. All that quality hard work for what's not actually a 3rd faction.
Career Officer
# 59
03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Thanks oh mighty one for answering !

No Liberated Borg ?
Yeah a Liberated Borg Romulan would probably make more sense than an alien-gen hybrid. Hoping that one comes down the line as that would be ideally what I would play as.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Republic Veteran
# 60
03-29-2013, 01:20 PM
You side with Feds or kdf. In pvp you fight their war. This expansion divides the romulan people not unite them. It makes them more splintered than before. So roms will fight roms under the name of kdf and fed. Awful decision.