Career Officer
What is the rationale behind this? I have a LTS, there would seem to be no reason to exclude us from creating Liberated Borg Romulans. There's precedent for it in the show (VOY: Unimatrix Zero) and in STO (Donatra in Khitomer Accord).

What gives Cryptic? You've completely wrecked my character plan at the moment...so is this a "right now" answer or "we'll get to that soon(tm)" answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.
Captain
# 2
03-29-2013, 03:32 PM
You forgot Hakeev.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 3
03-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Good catch. Were they really that hard to put in at launch? Gah, it'll be months or years before they "get around" to this. :-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I did try pre-warn people that stuff like this would happen, but I got flamed to hell

Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if the Liberated Borg Romulans would be available through this 'alien gen-hybrid' option. Which I originally would just have put to an alien character creator (although being only available to subscribers when FED/KDF get the option for free? Very unfair!) but the word 'hybrid' shrugs me off a bit. I mean, are they trying to infer that we can play as Half-Romulans or am I just reading that wrong?
Career Officer
# 6
03-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
I did try pre-warn people that stuff like this would happen, but I got flamed to hell
I was probably one of those people (not that I flamed you to hell, but I'd have disagreed with you), and now, I owe you my apologies.
Captain
# 7
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Did they officially say no to those? I thought the Ask Cryptic said they're still reviewing which perks people will get?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
03-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I was probably one of those people (not that I flamed you to hell, but I'd have disagreed with you), and now, I owe you my apologies.
It's all good! I'm not after apologies if it's opened even one persons eyes then I'm happy.

But hopefully, we will get some of the VET rewards retro-active on our new characters half-faction-thing... I don't even know what to call it.
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Did they officially say no to those? I thought the Ask Cryptic said they're still reviewing which perks people will get?
You have to read between the lines, that is to cover their backs and whilst not all of the rewards may be transferable we should see some at least.
Element CKY Electric

Career Officer
# 10
03-29-2013, 04:16 PM
An official answer to this would be welcome I want my Liberated Romulborg!
----