Captain
# 1 Bored with your toon?
03-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Does it ever happen to you that you stop playing with your toon. You get utterly unhappy with it. The species, the look.. like everything. You have probably got must stuff from FE reruns.. but still. There is something bugging you. What do you do?
Captain
# 2
03-31-2013, 05:30 AM
I am mainly bored waiting on them to fix the omega/maco/hg ground sets bug from season 7 so I can "save 60% time".

It might seem pityful but it breaks the game for me not being able to wear the no. 1 outfit in the game when I know I earned it half a year ago.

I did have hopes the tholian reputation might help me get over it but it turns out to be the environment suit outfit so t5 optional remains king.

I do play a few stf's a week and to show my fleet I haven't stopped playing.

One of the things that was set about the bad development of the reputation system was removing the incentive to play certain maps and play beyond t5 - which is exactly what happened to me.
The second I was done on t5 I stopped playing romulan missions entirely.

If I could go on eSTF and earn sets like in the old days I would still be playing and even doing new alts and what not.

We no longer include the forums, or players in general - tacofangs
Captain
# 3
03-31-2013, 05:42 AM
I got characters but I am so unhappy with their species and sometimes their looks. I made all my toons aliens looking humans due to the more options.. but now I am not sure that was such a good idea.

But removing them for new would mean I would have to redo everything.. including the rep system, losing the FE items and winter items + my one lockbox ship.

Its just not the looks I am unhappy with,.. its the species, the specs etc. I just don't know what to do to fix this.

Should I do it?
Captain
# 4
03-31-2013, 05:45 AM
I don't get bored with my toon but I do get bored with my ship after about a month of using it. Especially when shiny new ship becomes available. I actually switched out my Jem-Hadar Dreadnought for a Fleet Ambassador, and I'm enjoying it more. Wrap your head around that one.
Captain
# 5
03-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
I got characters but I am so unhappy with their species and sometimes their looks. I made all my toons aliens looking humans due to the more options.. but now I am not sure that was such a good idea.

But removing them for new would mean I would have to redo everything.. including the rep system, losing the FE items and winter items + my one lockbox ship.

Its just not the looks I am unhappy with,.. its the species, the specs etc. I just don't know what to do to fix this.
Alien species are so easy to manipulate in the costube editor, I don't see why you can't change the look to suit your liking. Also there's a retrait option coming in May so you can respec your character's traits to fit what you want. That's the beauty of using the alien species; the versatility is better than any specific trait that a premade race has.

What specifically don't you like about your character's specs that isn't changeable? The profession perhaps?